Thank You!

Everything related to MakeMKV
Eddie

Thank You!

Post by Eddie »

I hope this isn't spammy or in the wrong section, but i just wanted to say thank you to everyone here for putting up all this helpful stuff.

I took an old PC that i had built as a "console killer" back when the PS4/Xbox1 was about to be launched, based on the A10 7850K APU from AMD, and i thought i'd make it into a HTPC since i was building a newer gaming PC.
So i had some bluray movies and started looking for an internal bluray player for this HTPC i was going to do, and then spotted the Pioneer BDR-S12UH which is an internal 4K UHD player for £118 (07/09/2020). So i grabbed that one and bought a couple of 4K bluray movies to go with it, and i was all happy thinking i was going to be able to finally make use of my 4K tv set.

Well, i come to find out thanks to the bundled CyberLink software telling me, i needed to download Intel SVX or something, which i did, and tried to install, and it never worked becauise i was on AMD. So really, i actually needed to have an intel CPU instead of an AMD one. I was totally gutted.
Intel is much more expensive to build on, and i didn't have the money really after putting a gaming PC together. I tried the trusty VLC player and a fair amount of others that i hadn't even heard of, and out of nowhere this site pops up after many searches.

I was actually at the point of sailing the high seas to obtain a copy of the 4K movies i bought just so i could watch them, but i knew I'd get into trouble for that at some point. There's something else this MakeMKV program has done, saved me from likely trouble! Many others I'm sure will now benefit that way too.

So thanks to all the help on this site alone, i knew which drive i actually needed and what i needed to do, and today i got the BH16NS55 delivered! With the handy tool from the "Downgrade Enabled Firmware V.2" pack, and the suggested driver "WH16NS60 1.02MK" from the "mk-firmware-pack-20200720" pack's "OLD" folder, i am all set up and running!!! I'm right now ripping one of my 4K movies that i have been waiting for ages to see!

Since the DRM is insane, totally denying those of us on AMD to play 4K UHD discs that we bought, and apparently the movie industry doesn't want my money since they haven't made any programs to allow it in turn, making me not want to buy 4K UHD movies, I'm happy to hand it to whoever made the MakeMKV software. Is it for sale?

Again, THANK YOU ALL! I can actually have a proper movie night with the missus now!
st4evr

Re: Thank You!

Post by st4evr »

Eddie wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:44 pm
Since the DRM is insane, totally denying those of us on AMD to play 4K UHD discs that we bought, and apparently the movie industry doesn't want my money since they haven't made any programs to allow it in turn, making me not want to buy 4K UHD movies, I'm happy to hand it to whoever made the MakeMKV software. Is it for sale?
https://www.makemkv.com/buy/

https://www.google.com/search?q=makemkv ... efox-b-1-m