MakeMKV needs a better chapter editing UX

Everything related to MakeMKV
thetoad

MakeMKV needs a better chapter editing UX

Post by thetoad »

Currently, if I'm trying to edit the chapter names, there is a large amount of clicking around (have to select a new chapter with the mouse and then go back and select the text field.

In reality, I think a simpler UX that would work for most people is if you hit enter while editing the name of the chapter, it goes to the next chapter and lets you continue typing.
Woodstock

Re: MakeMKV needs a better chapter editing UX

Post by Woodstock »

I didn't know there was a chapter name editor function.

However, now that I do, it operates just like the other naming functions in MakeMKV... using the down or up arrow, while the cursor is in the name field, moves to the next chapter down or up from the current one.

It doesn't highlight the text for replacement, though. So, if I were doing this, I'd put the "common" text into the system clipboard, then change the first chapter, hit down arrow, Ctrl-A, Ctrl-V, type the text that is different, down arrow, etc.

Things like this are a pain when trying to do them with a mouse.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
thetoad

Re: MakeMKV needs a better chapter editing UX

Post by thetoad »

ah, didnt know about the arrow keys, but yes, down, ctrl-a, type is much easier. still think "enter" should act as down and ctrl-a together, but this is doable, to avoid mousing around