How to use Naming Template (no ? required)

Everything related to MakeMKV
ruff.hi

How to use Naming Template (no ? required)

Post by ruff.hi »

Edit: I was going to ask for help about how to use this feature ... but while I was writing this up ... I solved it. More accurately, I got out of my own way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have over 400 movies and bunch of TV shows ripped to my plex account. I have manually named each and every movie / episode from title_00. to the appropriate plex compliant name.

I recently added a 2nd dvd player and had to google to find out about single drive mode. Multiple dvd players are worth less without that puppy checked.

Now I have two drives ripping away but I just know they will want to write to the same file name at the same time. I initially overcame that by getging one to write to the MKV1 folder and the other to the MKV2 folder.

More googling finds me Naming Template ... but I can't get it to work (for me).

I have expert mode checked. I clicked 'apply' and then 'ok'.
[spoiler]I did find that I had to click apply and then ok to make my default directory change stick.[/spoiler]

I made a slight change to the suggested 'Output file name template' ... {NAME2}{-:CMNT1}{-:DT}{title:+DFLT}{_t:N2}

I have dropped Major Crimes into my player ... 4 titles plus a single file with all 4 combined. I will rip the last one ... title_t04.mkv (according to the info box).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some time later ...

Gee ... did I totally misunderstand what this is all about. The name template was working, but the only item available was NAME and the default name from the DVDs is (pretty much) always TITLE.

After playing with it, I can put a name in the name box ... (S01_E01) and work form there. I can put 'Major Crimes' in the template name and then every file name created will start with that.