Feature Request - Shortcut Drive Selection

Everything related to MakeMKV
ruff.hi

Feature Request - Shortcut Drive Selection

Post by ruff.hi »

Can I suggest a small mod here ... I have two drives (E: and F:) and have to start two instances of MakeMKV. Not that difficult ... but it would be a little bit easier if I had two shortcuts with the following targets ...

"C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV\makemkv.exe" Drive=E
"C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV\makemkv.exe" Drive=F

... with a mod to MakeMKV so that if the Drive command line parameter was there, the dialog box that asks about 'which drive' had its answer (E for the first one and F for the second).
d00zah

Re: Thanks Mike!

Post by d00zah »

Not exactly what you're asking for, but try checking 'Ask for single drive mode' on the 'IO' preferences tab & restart MakeMKV.
ruff.hi

Re: Thanks Mike!

Post by ruff.hi »

d00zah wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:07 pm
Not exactly what you're asking for, but try checking 'Ask for single drive mode' on the 'IO' preferences tab & restart MakeMKV.
Thanks ... I have that enabled. I would like to bypass the 'select drive' dialog box and use a command line parameter to tell MakeMKV which drive to use.
preserve

Re: Feature Request - Shortcut Drive Selection

Post by preserve »

ruff.hi wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:42 pm
if the Drive command line parameter was there, the dialog box that asks about 'which drive' had its answer (E for the first one and F for the second).
I'd rather just select which drive I was using instead of having 2 shortcuts, but to each their own I guess... By the way, makemkvcon.exe (the command line version of MakeMKV) does have such an option, "disc:0", I don't imagine this works with makemkv.exe, but it does suggest it could be possible in the future. If you wanted to automate MakeMKV and just run it from the command line, this would be another possibility for you.
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
ruff.hi

Re: Feature Request - Shortcut Drive Selection

Post by ruff.hi »

preserve wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:37 pm
By the way, makemkvcon.exe (the command line version of MakeMKV) does have such an option, "disc:0", I don't imagine this works with makemkv.exe
I just tried it against MakeMKV.exe (the option disc:0) ... it didn't work.