license not resetting after installing

Everything related to MakeMKV
blacksmithforlife

license not resetting after installing

Post by blacksmithforlife »

Program is time-limited -- it will stop functioning after 60 days. You can always download the latest version from makemkv.com that will reset the expiration date.
So I went to the download page and downloaded the latest version and installed it. However when I run makemkv it is still giving me the error
Evaludation period has expired. Please purchase an activation key if you've found this application useful. You may still use all the free functionality without any restrictions.
Why isn't the expiration resetting? I don't see an option to buy a license key on the website. Any help is appreciated.
Woodstock

Re: license not resetting after installing

Post by Woodstock »

MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Archbishopfocwod

Post by Archbishopfocwod »

I am having the same issue. I have done this process many times without fail in the past, but for some reason the program says thanks for new code and asks me to restart the program. When I do it says the program version is to old (it is the current version) and the key is not up to date. I have reinstalled the program and restarted my computer and the issue still persists.
guyofownage

Post by guyofownage »

Also having the same issue. Looking at the FAQ doesn't help as that doesn't address that primary issue of the beta key just flat out not working, despite not being expired. Changing my system's date doesn't work either. Just wanted to bring it to the attention of someone who can do something about it.
preserve

Post by preserve »

The current key is expired. If you visit the key post that’s linked in the FAQ, it states that the current key is valid until the end of January 2021.

It is usual for the key to expire a day early on longer months.

You’ll have to wait for the new key to be posted.
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
mattias83

Post by mattias83 »

Frustrating. I went to use it this evening and I get "license expired", yet it's only the 30th still here, and there's still the 31st to go for January with no key. Knowing he's got it set to expire at the end of the month, why not have the new key already posted a day or two in advance? Why wait until it becomes non-functional before posting the new key?
Mtenga

Post by Mtenga »

mattias83 wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:19 am
Frustrating. I went to use it this evening and I get "license expired", yet it's only the 30th still here, and there's still the 31st to go for January with no key. Knowing he's got it set to expire at the end of the month, why not have the new key already posted a day or two in advance? Why wait until it becomes non-functional before posting the new key?
It’s the owners way of reminding people that the key is available for purchase. If it was available for free 365 days of the year no one would buy it. If downtime is unacceptable to you then buy the key.
gonca

Post by gonca »

why not have the new key already posted a day or two in advance
Why not just buy a license?
ProHeals

Post by ProHeals »

gonca wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:12 pm
why not have the new key already posted a day or two in advance
Why not just buy a license?
Purchasing is currently unavailable. There is a new beta key in case anyone has not checked. It's good through the end of March.