TrueHD 7.1 (Atmos) track on mkv created by makemkv is NOT seen by TsMuxeR. Due to lack of AC3 core retention???

Everything related to MakeMKV
njweb

TrueHD 7.1 (Atmos) track on mkv created by makemkv is NOT seen by TsMuxeR. Due to lack of AC3 core retention???

Post by njweb »

I was able to successfully, for the most part, back up one of my original UHD Blu Ray discs to a BD compliant disc on a BD-R using makemkv, HB and TsMuxeR.
The one issue is that TsMuxeR only sees the 5.1 track and not the 7.1 TrueHD Atmos track.

I found this comment on github: "tsMuxer (and mpeg-ts generally) does not accept TrueHD without AC3 core".
And this makemkv 'feature request thread: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 6&start=30
"On a native blu-ray M2TS container the TrueHD, and AC3 Core are bundled into a single track for compatibility. If I use MakeMKV they get split up into two separate tracks, which ruins the ability to go back to a proper M2TS container if need be. It could also be a problem for any device that doesn't automatically failover to the next audio track. I'd like to see MakeMKV maintain the original track integrity to allow for backwards compatibility and future flexibility.

So, based on the above, there is no way to retain the 7.1 audio and create a BD with an mkv made by makemkv?
preserve

Re: TrueHD 7.1 (Atmos) track on mkv created by makemkv is NOT seen by TsMuxeR. Due to lack of AC3 core retention???

Post by preserve »

njweb wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:39 am
So, based on the above, there is no way to retain the 7.1 audio and create a BD with an mkv made by makemkv?
Back up the disc instead of ripping to MakeMKV, and make your BD from original m2ts/mpls?

Otherwise, I think you’ve answered your own question unless I’ve missed something, and a fellow user more experienced in what you’re trying to do will have to advise further.
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00