Shield Pro mkv dolbyvision

Everything related to MakeMKV
Blair811

Shield Pro mkv dolbyvision

Post by Blair811 »

Hey!
Does anyone know if the latest shield pro supports playing mkv dolbyvision files in kodi? I could not find official information on their website, and at the point of sale they also did not answer this question

and another question, maybe someone knows how well he Works with Alexa? :roll:
Thanks
– You had mail, but the super-user read it, and deleted it!
Content&SMM manager at MazeAndSpace LTD - The ultimate goal of creating a Smart Home is to make the house and life in it as comfortable and safe as possible
exitguy

Re: Shield Pro mkv dolbyvision

Post by exitguy »

Blair811 wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 1:53 pm
Does anyone know if the latest shield pro supports playing mkv dolbyvision files in kodi? I could not find official information on their website, and at the point of sale they also did not answer this question
Shield TV Pro does play DV from streaming apps or .mkv files created by MakeMKV.
Currently the original version of Kodi does not play the DV layer, but is due to have that feature included in future release.
Third party forks are available that that can - Maven's Kodi-Build for Android (KodiNerds), which can be loaded together with Kodi original is an option I use.
Blair811

Re: Shield Pro mkv dolbyvision

Post by Blair811 »

exitguy wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 12:03 am
Blair811 wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 1:53 pm
Shield TV Pro does play DV from streaming apps or .mkv files created by MakeMKV.
Currently the original version of Kodi does not play the DV layer, but is due to have that feature included in future release.
Third party forks are available that that can - Maven's Kodi-Build for Android (KodiNerds), which can be loaded together with Kodi original is an option I use.
Hello! Thanks for answer!
– You had mail, but the super-user read it, and deleted it!
Content&SMM manager at MazeAndSpace LTD - The ultimate goal of creating a Smart Home is to make the house and life in it as comfortable and safe as possible