Multiple chapters for Bluray & HD DVD?

Everything related to MakeMKV
vinomarky

Multiple chapters for Bluray & HD DVD?

Post by vinomarky »

Hi there,

I have used this nice tool successfully one one of my Blurray disks, but when I tried it one one of my HDDVD disks, it just came up with 20-30 smaller chapters which were saved as seperate video files - not one of these chapters was even 1GB, let alone the expected 7GB+

I wrote this off as problems with HDDVD support

Today, I just tried with a new Bluray disk, and have the save problem - only one of the chapters exceeds 1GB in size (and only just)

Is there a trick here? I don't see any obvious way to tell MakeMKV to concatenate a bunch of chapters into one file...

Any help appreciated!

Ta

Edit: I have MakeMKV v1.4.2 installed, and am converting with AnyDVD 6.5.5.5 doing the background decrypting
mike admin

Re: Multiple chapters for Bluray & HD DVD?

Post by mike admin »

HD-DVD support is limited and is likely to stay this way. I would suggest using eac3to for hd-dvd conversion.
vinomarky

Post by vinomarky »

Thanks for the reply - I pretty well realized that about HD DVD support, but the main problem is that I have issues with MakeMKV not being able to identify a single main-movie section for Blurays....
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

What kind of disc is that? MakeMKV should be able to concatenate all chapters together w/o any problems.
vinomarky

Post by vinomarky »

Thanks - I took a screen grab of how MakeMKV is interpreting the chapters, and in the process realized that it was in fact working - I must have skimmed over the 15+GB chapter, thinking it was 15mb.....

Thanks anyway - seems to be fine.