new update problems ?

Everything related to MakeMKV
Niddik

new update problems ?

Post by Niddik »

is anyone else having problems ripping DVDs and blu-rays since the update to v.1.17.4 ?
Woodstock

Re: new update problems ?

Post by Woodstock »

People always have "problems". What SORT of "problems" do you think are endemic to this version?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

I've ripped DVDs and blu-rays on 1.17.4. Seems to be working fine.
Niddik

Post by Niddik »

I can open the disc but wont save files or wont read the disc. I also get

Error 'OS error - This device does not exist' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00800.m2ts' at offset '0'
Error 'OS error - This device does not exist' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00800.m2ts' at offset '0'

I have even bought a new player thinking my old one was going bad. the disc also plays just fine on the same player. I had no problems till the update. that's when this all started. Also on DVD's if I run it enough times. I can get it to save. Make no sense to me. Thanks in advance

Reinstalling MKV helps and a restart. Then sometimes it will work
Niddik

Post by Niddik »

I just got a different one now

Error 'Scsi error - NOT READY:LOGICAL UNIT IS IN PROCESS OF BECOMING READY' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00802.m2ts' at offset '0'
Error 'Scsi error - NOT READY:LOGICAL UNIT IS IN PROCESS OF BECOMING READY' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00802.m2ts' at offset '0'
Niddik

Post by Niddik »

BD+ code processed but no FUTs were obtained, errors may follow

Failed to process BD+ code, please check http://www.makemkv.com/svq/ for updated program and SVQ files

Error 'OS error - This device does not exist' occurred while reading '/AACS/Content000.cer' at offset '0'
crosis

Post by crosis »

I am also having all of these issues. I haven't been able to successfully rip a disc since updating to 1.17.4. I even tried the brand new discs I just ripped 2 days ago on 1.17.3 and I can't get through them without getting tons of SCSI and OS errors
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

I'm using macOS Monterey (12.6.5) on Intel and things are working fine. What OS are you using? Maybe there's something specific to the OS.
stemll

Post by stemll »

Niddik

I have seen that error on Mac on and off for years and across many, many versions. Are you using a USB powered drive by any chance?

I think, in my case at least, it is a drive/Mac issue rather than MakeMKV and it is the Mac no longer seeing the drive (I couldn't view the content in Finder either). To fix I had to remove the drive, exit MakeMKV, reattach the drive and then restart MakeMKV once the drive shows up in Finder.

I can go months without seeing it but similarly can spend a day ripping a new box-set and never see it.
jhayden2000

Post by jhayden2000 »

im having similar issues.
first, i cant download the 17.4 update. everytime i go to the link, i get a "page is not working" error
Second, Im getting the errors mentioned above as well as this:

This disc requires Java runtime (JRE), but none was found. Certain functions will fail, please install Java. See http://www.makemkv.com/bdjava/ for details.

This has never been something ive seen in the past.
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

jhayden2000 wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:12 pm
im having similar issues.
first, i cant download the 17.4 update. everytime i go to the link, i get a "page is not working" error
Until site issues are completely sorted, try this:

viewtopic.php?p=137213#p137213
jhayden2000 wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:12 pm
Second, Im getting the errors mentioned above as well as this:

This disc requires Java runtime (JRE), but none was found. Certain functions will fail, please install Java. See http://www.makemkv.com/bdjava/ for details.

This has never been something ive seen in the past.
Some discs have "Fake playlist" protection. Installing Java can help.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16791

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14330
ac0mputerguru

Post by ac0mputerguru »

I'm on Windows 10 Pro, using two optical drives: (A:) DVD and (B:) Blu-ray. Yes, I miss my floppy drives A: and B:. Anyways, I have always had the "ask for single drive mode" option checked and run MakeMKV with Administrator privileges. I fire up on copy, approve the UAC, select A:, and it begins to read the disc. I do that same thing again, except I select B:, and (again) it begins to read the disc. Everything is fine, so far.

In previous versions, if one drive ran into a disc error of any type, only the offending copy of the app was affected. Meaning, if the Blu-Ray aborted the copy because of too many errors, the DVD copy process would continue, as if nothing had happened. Some times, the Blu-Ray error would cause the system to fail to recognize ANY disc inserted, until a system reboot.

Now, if either instance of the app has a disc error, BOTH drives disappear from the system. Well, they are still listed in Explorer, however, neither drive shows updates when discs are inserted or removed. Again, that is until I reboot.