November Beta Registration Code Not Working

Everything related to MakeMKV
neflier

November Beta Registration Code Not Working

Post by neflier »

Having a problem running in Beta mode. I launched MakeMKV today, it asked for a new registration, so I put in the one ending December 1, 2023, restarted, it said my version was too old, so downloaded and installed v1.17.5, put the current registration code in and it is asking me to purchase. Under About the License Type is Freeware and Evaluation is Ended. Has the beta period ended and do I now need to purchase to continue ripping Blue Ray disks? If not, then any suggestions?

Thanks!
Woodstock

Re: November Beta Registration Code Not Working

Post by Woodstock »

The beta PW message says "is valid until end of November 2023". December 2023 is not in or before November 2023.

The best you can do (short of registering and getting a non-beta key) is to set your date to 11/29/2023 to start the program.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Bloodrune

Post by Bloodrune »

Will there be a new Beta key for the new year , or will we have to purchase the program from now on?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Mike's been pretty good about posting a new key within a few days of expiration. Rarely does he go more than 4 or 5.
Pete B

Post by Pete B »

Cool. Will check in again in a few days. Gots me a pile to ripadeedoodaa I does.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) »

Please, is there a update beta Key for December.
MiaMix

Post by MiaMix »

Yes, a new beta key would be very nice.

I wish you a Merry Christmas in advance.
eroc1990

Post by eroc1990 »

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:58 am
Please, is there a update beta Key for December.
Not yet, but you can either purchase a key and never have to worry about it again, or set your system date back to November 29th and the old November key will become valid again until your clock ticks over again.
BlenderRookie

Post by BlenderRookie »

Still no key. Hell, I'd buy a key but $63 damn.
I guarantee if you sold it for $20, people would buy the key. Charging $60 ensures people would rather deal with an expiring key.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Considering that MakeMKV is a one-time charge that is significantly less than the yearly charge of many other such programs, you would be hard pressed to come up with a vendor willing to license such a product for $20... or to let people use it for free for so long.

My one-time payment has been amortized over a dozen years so far.
BlenderRookie

Post by BlenderRookie »

Woodstock wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:34 pm
Considering that MakeMKV is a one-time charge that is significantly less than the yearly charge of many other such programs, you would be hard pressed to come up with a vendor willing to license such a product for $20... or to let people use it for free for so long.

You completely missed my point. If they want to sell it, all I am saying is they will make more sales and more income by lowering the price. I am not comparing their practices or policies to other similar entities.

It's basic, there's a price point at which few will buy and many will continue down a road that gets them the same thing for free and a price point at which the bulk will buy instead of trying to game the system.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

No, I have NOT missed your point. Will they sell at least 5 times as many copies at $20 than at $60? Based on payment processing costs, that's what it would take to "break even". A person who only spends $20 is going to expect that same level of support that those of us who spent $60 or more are getting.

Even the competitor AnyDVD is 59 euros per year, per their website, with only a 21-day "free trial".

If you cannot afford the current registration cost, you're fine to continue using the freebie version, with waiting for the free key to be posted. I gave up on that a decade+ ago, because I was ripping a LOT more disks back then. If I were only doing a few a month, maybe I'd think differently - "Oh, I have to wait a few days to rip this movie for free!"

I've seen people post that they can't afford the one-time registration... in a thread where they talk about ripping dozens of disks a day. How did they afford to buy those disks? (although some of them admitted to having "borrowed" the disks)
Raphdude

Post by Raphdude »

Dear MAKEMKV Admin,

I keep getting messages that the current MAC version of Makemkv is no longer valid (1.175).
Will there be an updated iMac version soon.

Please let me know.
Many Thanks,
Raphdude
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

Woodstock wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:34 pm

Not only this but makemkv has done the most work on UHD firmware and it was all provided for free alot of other programs piggy back off it
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Raphdude wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:58 pm
I keep getting messages that the current MAC version of Makemkv is no longer valid (1.175).
That's the same message any unregistered user is getting, and it will be "fixed" when a new key is generated. There's already a link to the message that will tell you when a new key is generated above...

People who registered in the past don't see these messages, for the most part, unless they're re-installing the software and forget to enter their key.