Cannot connect to internet to get keys updated

Everything related to MakeMKV
Someguy1234

Cannot connect to internet to get keys updated

Post by Someguy1234 »

So, I'm using AVG Ant-Virus on Windows 10 [PC] and I've started to encounter an issue that I cannot fix. I've tried making exceptions in both the AVG app, in Windows Security's Firewall, and so forth and nothing will allow me to connect. I keep getting this message.
Downloading latest HK to D:/MakeMKV ...
Automatic HK downloading is disabled or failed.
I've searched this forum and found out that under proxy it has been said [more than suggested] that you need to update it with the following:

Code: Select all

185.84.108.20 hkdata.crabdance.com hkdata.fairuse.org
I've gone and done that and it makes it just show that the current disc I'm trying to decode {which I have submitted to skv@makemk} is not able to be decoded. However, when I remove this proxy entry I get it back to giving me the "downloading is disabled or failed." error message.

So, I am trying to rip a 4K UHD Blu-ray title that has not yet been released. There's another disc that I've been using as well, for testing to update the keys. It's given me the same results. My concern is that I'm getting this error message because there's something wrong on my end and not on MakeMkv's -- as I suspect there would be others complaining. I know that I poorly worded this all but I just wanted to get some opinions on what might be happening here and if I'm correct to be using the proxy data that I have listed above. I went as far as to even uninstall AVG Anti-Virus to fix things, rebooted, and it's still giving me this same result.

Thanks,
questinghero

Re: Cannot connect to internet to get keys updated

Post by questinghero »

I am having the exact same issue, and I have tried all the same fixes.
- I have added google as the primary DNS for both IPv4 and IPv6.
- I have added the following to the host file:
185.84.108.20 hkdata.crabdance.com
185.84.108.20 hkdata.fairuse.org
- I have tried adding the above line to the Proxy settings in MakeMKV
- I am only running the windows firewall, so I allowed MakeMKV.exe through.

I am still getting the error "Automatic HK downloading is disabled or failed." It has been a few weeks, but I have ripped many 4K disks in the past, so I don't really know what the issue could be.

HELP!
questinghero

Re: Cannot connect to internet to get keys updated

Post by questinghero »

Discussion moved to viewtopic.php?f=1&t=23840&p=147541#p147541 . Posting here so there is only one thread.