Updating program/ Entering Key doesn't work

Everything related to MakeMKV
OneDayAfterAnother

Updating program/ Entering Key doesn't work

Post by OneDayAfterAnother »

Hey...
I don't use MakeMKV often but the past few years when I DO use it... I usually have to uninstall and download latest version and it works... This time it absolutely will not work... I download latest version...Go to forum and copy key... register, enter key... and it keeps saying I'm using an OLD version? Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I've tried it on two windows laptops = Same
Woodstock

Re: Updating program/ Entering Key doesn't work

Post by Woodstock »

The free key in the download is old. You need a current key. Or the date your computer says it is when you start the program has to be during the life span of the key you're using.

The key is found here, but it currently expired a few days ago. To use that key, you'll need to set your system date to something prior to the expiration, at least when you start the program. After MakeMKV is running, the system date means nothing, so you can reset the date to the current date.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
OneDayAfterAnother

Actually... I got it to work on another computer... Not sure how. I downloaded latest version onto that one...when loading the disc the message popped up asking me if I would like to evaluate for 30 days...I said yes... and it worked.... however, on the other computers that's not the message I got...Weird!

Dumb question: When you say change system date... On a windows laptop... you're talking about the date down by the clock, right? How do you change that? Sorry I'm a noob
OneDayAfterAnother

wait. NVM... I figured it out... as long as that's what you meant by system date... I can't think of any other thing you could mean... I googled it... I guess I could set it to sometime in april and that makes everything work? Good to know for future