MakeMKV, just BUY it already.....

Everything related to MakeMKV
Kentinator

MakeMKV, just BUY it already.....

Post by Kentinator »

So, like many of you I suspect, I have been an avid user of MakeMKV for a number of years. This single piece of software has allowed me to digitize nearly every movie & tv show I own which was the catalyst to me finally creating my own streaming server that has granted me access to my purchased content in a way that I could've only dreamed of so many years ago.

Recently, like many of you as well, I found myself wanting to fire up the software again, only to find my beta key had expired. I looked in the usual place, but alas, the key had not been updated. As I was scouring the forums I couldn't help but notice a number of posts on the subject:

"where is the new beta key?"

"Yeah, I am having the same issue. Sad as this is by far the best software that I have used for this."

Initially I felt frustrated, but then I realized, "what is wrong with me?" I've been enjoying this software for free and now I'm complaining because I don't have instant access? Hasn't the developer done enough to deserve my support? So I finally did what I should've done years ago, I BOUGHT IT! FYI, I received my key instantaneously via email after I paid and everything is working perfectly.

If you've made it this far, I thank you for your patience and if you too resonate with my story in any way, I think you know what to do assuming you haven't done so already, cheers!
Last edited by Kentinator on Tue May 07, 2024 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
drashig

Re: MakeMKV, just BUY it already.....

Post by drashig »

Good to know the key arrives automatically. Was hesitant if the administrator is no longer monitoring things, but this reassures me.
artphotodude

Post by artphotodude »

Kentinator wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 3:49 am
So, like many of you I suspect, I have been an avid user of MakeMKV for a number of years. This single piece of software has allowed me to digitize nearly my entire movie & tv show I own which was the catalyst to me finally creating my own streaming server that has granted me access to my purchased content in a way that I could've only dreamed of so many years ago.

Recently, like many of you as well, I found myself wanting to fire up the software again, only to find my beta key had expired. I looked in the usual place, but alas, the key had not been updated. As I was scouring the forums I couldn't help but notice a number of posts on the subject:

"Yeah, I am having the same issue. Sad as this is by far the best software that I have used for this."

Initially I felt frustrated, but then I realized, "what is wrong with me?" I've been enjoying this software for free and now I'm complaining because I don't have instant access? Hasn't the developer done enough to deserve my support? So I finally did what I should've done years ago, I BOUGHT IT! FYI, I received my key instantaneously via email after I paid and everything is working perfectly.

If you've made it this far, I thank you for your patience and if you too resonate with my story in any way, I think you know what to do assuming you haven't done so already, cheers!
Just posted asking if the link was still working - good to know. Buying it myself. Simply the best. If for no other reason, the ability to play Blu-Rays in VLC is the best.
oobujoobu

Post by oobujoobu »

I'm in a similar position. We may get a new key shortly, we may not, but I get enough use of the software to make a purchase worthwhile.

One thing though, my laptop might not have too much life left in it, does anyone know if a purchased key will work if I buy a new laptop in future and re-install MakeMKV, or is it only able to be used on this 1 machine?

Thanks for any info.
Solar7

Post by Solar7 »

I paid for it over a week ago no email with license. I emailed support no reply. I will give it a little bit more time before I do a chargeback.
Flesh

Post by Flesh »

After using MakeMKV for 2+ years and ripping 500+ disks/bluerays I finally bought a license. I was pretty panicked because I see like 3 posts every month about someone placing their order & not getting a key... but I'm happy to report mine came in within a few minutes. I'll count myself lucky
Flesh

Post by Flesh »

oobujoobu wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 6:53 pm
I'm in a similar position. We may get a new key shortly, we may not, but I get enough use of the software to make a purchase worthwhile.

One thing though, my laptop might not have too much life left in it, does anyone know if a purchased key will work if I buy a new laptop in future and re-install MakeMKV, or is it only able to be used on this 1 machine?

Thanks for any info.
Per viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22578&p=92578#p92581 at least 1 user confirmed being able to transfer the key to an entirely new system without issue.
ratflinger

Post by ratflinger »

I've owned a key for years. In that time I have change computers several times. Key has always worked on the new system, no issues whatsoever.
Oom-9

Post by Oom-9 »

Kentinator wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 3:49 am
So, like many of you I suspect, I have been an avid user of MakeMKV for a number of years. This single piece of software has allowed me to digitize nearly my entire movie & tv show I own which was the catalyst to me finally creating my own streaming server that has granted me access to my purchased content in a way that I could've only dreamed of so many years ago.

Thanks for sharing that. I’m new to posting here but am in basically in the same situation that you were. I’d like to get MakeMkv up and running again, and show my support to the dev.

Can anyone else confirm if, having purchased it in the last few days, they received a license key?
oobujoobu

Post by oobujoobu »

Thanks both for the reply.
oobujoobu

Post by oobujoobu »

Just taken the plunge and bought a registration, pleased to report that the registration key arrived immediately by email as part of my PayPal receipt.
AvidWalker

Post by AvidWalker »

I bought the key last December. The $60.00 purchase price is nothing when I compare it to the money I spent on TV shows and Movies.
GrimFuzzyLogic

Post by GrimFuzzyLogic »

oobujoobu wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 12:20 pm
Just taken the plunge and bought a registration, pleased to report that the registration key arrived immediately by email as part of my PayPal receipt.
Same here. The email containing the license key arrived before the emailed payment confirmation. Instantaneous
sketch2002

Post by sketch2002 »

I was also worried that the key would need to be generated and manually emailed by the same person who has been unable to post the beta key. However, with the OP and replies here, I decided I'd trust it would work. What I noticed was the key is actually displayed on the page once you submit your payment. You don't need to wait for an email. FWIW though, I did get the email immediately as well (gmail).
JustForThis

Post by JustForThis »

I made this account just for this post.

I'm waiting for the next beta key. why?

I don't know about you people, but I personally don't have $60 to piss away for something that I can't justify the cost of. Being able to watch my DVD's without putting them in is nice, but if you think it's worth $60 nice, put the crack pipe down and back away from it and we will get you some help. Make it a reasonable price and we'll talk.