No Key - Registered about half an hour prior to typing this

Everything related to MakeMKV
KeyNo

No Key - Registered about half an hour prior to typing this

Post by KeyNo »

Yes, yet another person who has registered but not received a key. Looking back through messages here and elsewhere this seems to be a common occurrence ongoing for years.

It's not exactly an impressive way to introduce new customers.

What is the current best way to retrieve my key?

I saw one message about logging into PayPro Global but how do I do that without a password on that site? Requesting one with my email address does nothing.

Very annoying.
Woodstock

Re: No Key - Registered about half an hour prior to typing this

Post by Woodstock »

Generally speaking, the email with your key should arrive within an hour of registering. ASSUMING it isn't flagged as "spam" by your system (which includes your ISP), and shunted off to another folder.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
KeyNo

Post by KeyNo »

Thanks, after waiting for over an hour I contacted Paypro Global and they emailed me a key within minutes.

However, surely I shouldn't have needed to do that?
oobujoobu

Post by oobujoobu »

If it helps, when I registered yesterday the registration key was in an email I got almost immediately from PayPronGlobal titled "Your MakeMKV order is complete (# order number)"

I assumed at first that it was just a receipt email so didn't initially look there for the key.
plonk420

Post by plonk420 »

considering the dev hasn't updated the "beta" key, there might be something going on with them. i hope they're alright.

makemkv has been on my list of programs i need to buy, but as a T1 at Amazon, money isn't quite in abundance *misty-eyed*. hope the dev is ok ;_;
KeyNo

Post by KeyNo »

plonk420 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 12:44 pm
considering the dev hasn't updated the "beta" key, there might be something going on with them. i hope they're alright.

makemkv has been on my list of programs i need to buy, but as a T1 at Amazon, money isn't quite in abundance *misty-eyed*. hope the dev is ok ;_;
I was thinking the same thing but on looking back through old messages here and elsewhere this has happened before.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

The dev is around they updated the hk after May started and after beta expired.
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
oldxbox

Post by oldxbox »

I just went to the PayPro Global website (https://payproglobal.com/) and used the chat feature to explain my situation (a chat window should pop-up a few seconds after arriving at the site). They told me I had to email their support email address with the order ID and such and within 20 minutes of chat and the email they were able to send me my license key.
KeyNo

Post by KeyNo »

Should it though be necessary for customers to email PayPro Global? Surely the key should be sent automatically?
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

KeyNo wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 12:44 pm
Should it though be necessary for customers to email PayPro Global? Surely the key should be sent automatically?
In a perfect world, it is. Sometimes your email provider falsely detects the email as SPAM & filters it? Check SPAM folder. Sometimes the payment processor has an "issue" w/ a certain email domain? Sometimes people incorrectly enter some payment detail & they are waiting for a correction? Sometimes one just needs to be proactive & reach out to determine what went wrong.