DVD to MKV Help

Everything related to MakeMKV
tbraden32

DVD to MKV Help

Post by tbraden32 »

I have just started using makeMKV today. Did a few DVDs no problem. The last one I did, "The Usual Suspects" gave me a problem. It has the several chapter/title choices, but none of them are very long. Doesnt look like it has a main movie. Also, no choice for audio sound track either (some of my others didnt give me a choice for audio either)

So my question is, when I converted the movie, it created 15 mkv files. Each play a chapter of the movie. How do I make them into 1 movie to play together.

Second question, if there is no audio choice, assuming it downloads with the BIG/Main movie?

PS: currently do not have my HTPC hooked up to any speakers so I cannot hear the audio yet.
Navvie

Re: DVD to MKV Help

Post by Navvie »

I have the usual suspects on DVD (R2) but not go round ripping it yet.

Load each MKV into MediaInfo, it will identify which video/audio is available in each file.

MKVmerge (part of MKVtoolnix) will allow you to join the seperate MKVs together.

I'll move the Usual Suspects to the top of my queue, and report back when I rip it.
Linux / Windows 10
Asus BW-16D1HT 3.10MK x2
Asus BC-12D2HT 3.11MK
LG BH16NS40 flashed to WH16NS60 1.03
LG GGC-H20L 1.03
Pioneer BDR-205 GENE
Navvie

Re: DVD to MKV Help

Post by Navvie »

Well, I went to get the usual suspects off the shelf to try MakeMKV on it tonight and it turns out I've never owned it on DVD... very strange, it is an excellent film and one I thought I'd owned for years. I must have rented/borrowed it.

Lets hope someone else can help with this disc.
Linux / Windows 10
Asus BW-16D1HT 3.10MK x2
Asus BC-12D2HT 3.11MK
LG BH16NS40 flashed to WH16NS60 1.03
LG GGC-H20L 1.03
Pioneer BDR-205 GENE