Rip exact copy of blu-ray with menu question

Everything related to MakeMKV
jsc1205

Rip exact copy of blu-ray with menu question

Post by jsc1205 »

I have used AnyDVD HD in the past for ISO file for my blu-rays to get an exact copy with menus, etc. Can I do that with MakeMKV?
Also does MakeMKV work with 3D blu-rays?

Thanks
mike admin

Re: Rip exact copy of blu-ray with menu question

Post by mike admin »

MakeMKV can do a "full disc backup", but to a directory on a hard drive ( not to ISO file). There is no single practical reason to keep blu-ray backup as ISO image.
gmd024

Post by gmd024 »

mike admin wrote:MakeMKV can do a "full disc backup", but to a directory on a hard drive ( not to ISO file). There is no single practical reason to keep blu-ray backup as ISO image.
Just curious, what about if someone decides to burn the BD rip back to physical media at sometime in the future and of course for playing the physical media/BD on a home model Blu-Ray player
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@gmd024

Hi!
Just curious, what about if someone decides to burn the BD rip back to physical media at sometime in the future and of course for playing the physical media/BD on a home model Blu-Ray player
Simply use IMGBurn to burn the DECRYPTED full disc backup "package" that you created with MakeMKV...

gmd024

Post by gmd024 »

setarip_old wrote:@gmd024

Hi!
Simply use IMGBurn to burn the DECRYPTED full disc backup "package" that you created with MakeMKV...

Thanks for the reminder - I do use IMGburn once in a while but I had forgotten about it's ability to do this

Thanks again
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@gmd024

You're quite welcome ;>}
trondmm

Post by trondmm »

mike admin wrote:There is no single practical reason to keep blu-ray backup as ISO image.
Well... I think it's a lot more practical to handle single files than a directory structure with 50+ files. Especially when you have more than a handful of rips.