Registration Problem

Everything related to MakeMKV
philnort

Registration Problem

Post by philnort »

To echo a few other posters..I'm going around in circles..I've been using 1.6.8 due to the continuing navigation problems with all 3 subsequent versions. I went to use MakeMKV a few moments ago and am getting the message "This application version is too old. Please D/L the latest version or enter..etc., etc., etc" I AM using the latest key you posted but it's impossible..I'm just looping through this error situation. ???? When I enter the code you just "updated" it states the registration code is incorrect !

What am I missing?

Further experimenting/testing.....the validity of your newly posted key might have to do with the computer's time/date and where you live. Here..in the Pacific Time Zone of the US.... it's still June 30. You state that the newly minted key is valid until August 2011...but that "might" work if entered on July 1 or later...make sense? I'm able to use my 1.6.8 version with the new key IF I manually backdate the computer's time a couple of months. I'll try (without this manual workaround) tomorrow..July 1...to update the key.
traxxus

Re: Registration Problem

Post by traxxus »

"This application version is too old. Please D/L the latest version or enter..etc., etc., etc" I AM using the latest key you posted but it's impossible..I'm just looping through this error situation. ????
same here. very disappointing. :cry:
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

traxxus wrote:
"This application version is too old. Please D/L the latest version or enter..etc., etc., etc" I AM using the latest key you posted but it's impossible..I'm just looping through this error situation. ????
same here. very disappointing. :cry:
Are you sure you're using the latest beta key?
philnort

Post by philnort »

"Are you sure you're using the latest beta key?"

Absolutely...T-xDFV70W2yRgQzAZCAUNRc7IZxBLYV_I3e4kTsGtEwsWIZASdTgLFIeOBH85qNz14I6

In fact, I did all the testing only AFTER you posted the above. The good news is that after I did the manual computer date back-dating, it held..i.e. that latest key is still working with 1.6.8 (exp: end of August). All's well that ends well.
tron21net

Post by tron21net »

Before I bought my key, I believe each version has an expiration date separate from the key expiration date. But once I bought the key and am using it MakeMKV of any version no longer has a version expiration date for me. Not sure if you get a chance or not since it has expired on you, but if you can view the Help menu -> About and check to see the what the This version expires: field says. Mine of course says Never.

I too continue to use v1.6.8 since the later versions produce unreliable MKV streams which cause both MPC-HC and VLC (tried various versions and latest) to say Buffering or simply get blocky and crash whenever I try to seek.