Make.MKV Audio Secections DTS-HD

Everything related to MakeMKV
dabx5

Make.MKV Audio Secections DTS-HD

Post by dabx5 »

Due to AppleTV2 I have almost re-ripped all my BR's with Make.MKV so that the ATV2 can play them but i think i have missed something..

In the selections in Make.MKV BETA it looks like there is various check boxes for multiple Audio and Subtitles etc.. I have re-ripped 65 of my BR movies with standard settings but just allowing the file with the largest size get ripped (everything else is unchecked) but i have just found that the audio setting DTS-HD is not checked as standard in the main file.

Can someone answer what i will be missing with this unchecked..

Also

Can someone point me in the direction of a User Guide stating what each check box will do/not do when checked or not..

I hope i dont have to re-rep all the movies again to get DTS-HD if it missing due to the unchecked box.

Thanks D.
sdamaged99

Re: Make.MKV Audio Secections DTS-HD

Post by sdamaged99 »

You will be missing higher quality sound for one. Plus it's worth keeping as it only increases the file size by around 1.5GB

I'm not sure how you managed to rip 65 BD's without realising the option wasn't ticked though

The next version of XBMC (Eden) will support DTS-HD etc, so worth having them
dabx5

Post by dabx5 »

Thanks for the clarification..I have started re-ripping ;-(

I have noticed that there are multiple check boxes for subtitles:

Subtitles
Subtitles (forces only) English
Subtitles
Subtitles (forced only) English
Subtitles
Subtitles (forced only) Spanish

Why is there multiple selections for "English" and do I have to have the parent "Subtitles" checked and the forced only checked to get the (forced only) subtitles or just the one that is stated as forced only..?

Thanks D
smashey

Post by smashey »

dabx5 wrote:Thanks for the clarification..I have started re-ripping ;-(

I have noticed that there are multiple check boxes for subtitles:

Subtitles
Subtitles (forces only) English
Subtitles
Subtitles (forced only) English
Subtitles
Subtitles (forced only) Spanish

Why is there multiple selections for "English" and do I have to have the parent "Subtitles" checked and the forced only checked to get the (forced only) subtitles or just the one that is stated as forced only..?

Thanks D
I think if you tick the main English subtitles you get all the subtitles for every dialogue. But if you only tick the 'Forced' sub-menu, you only get subtitles that are designated as forced (ie when people are speaking foreign language in an otherwise English-language movie).

I
dabx5

Post by dabx5 »

Ok.. Why is their multiple check boxes for English forced...?
Romansh

Post by Romansh »

dabx5 wrote:Ok.. Why is their multiple check boxes for English forced...?
Because there are multiple English subtitle tracks, and that each of them may contain forced subtitles.
smashey

Post by smashey »

There is usually subs for the commetaries etc. They take up very little space so just grab them all if you are not sure which is which.

It is better to have too many subs (you can easily mux them out later when you figure out which is which) then to forget to capture some subs and have to go back to the disc all over again.
dabx5

Post by dabx5 »

Thanks man.. Here goes...