X-Files season 1 disc ripping incorrectly

Everything related to MakeMKV
kryzchek

X-Files season 1 disc ripping incorrectly

Post by kryzchek »

I'm trying to rip and convert my X-Files season 1 collection to MKV and encountered a problem with the first disc (and only the first disc). The disc has 4 episodes on it, and only the first episode has a problem. MakeMKV creates a 10MB, 10 second file no matter how many times I try to rip. I've even tried to first create an ISO of the first episode (about 1.8GB) and convert that via MakeMKV, but I get the same result.

Also, I have some problems with ripping and playing random DVDs on my Popcorn Hour. Whereas the majority of MKV files I create with your software plays fine, some do not. In these cases, I've noticed when examining the file with MediaInfo that the playback rate is simply "30", whereas most everything else is displayed as "30p" or "30i". I can't imagine why it wouldn't be progressive--I don't even know why some random discs are displayed as interlaced. These play fine with VLC, but not with the Popcorn Hour.
Attachments
MakeMKV.png
MakeMKV.png (36.81 KiB) Viewed 9515 times
mike admin

Re: X-Files season 1 disc ripping incorrectly

Post by mike admin »

We know about this problem. It is an error bug in a sense that no obivous error is visible but title is just cut. This will be fixed in the next version.
ezzye

Post by ezzye »

Just to add, I am adding my X-files set to my server and I am seeing this on season 2 as well. About 3 different discs so far.
Any ideas when next version is out?

By the way, I love this app. So easy to use it's ridiculous.
Thanks, and keep up the good work.
Sybock

Post by Sybock »

The new version is out and you can download it at http://www.makemkv.com/download/