Tutorials

Everything related to MakeMKV
Stacman

Tutorials

Post by Stacman »

Is there a tutorial for MakeMKV running on Windows 7? A search of the forum didn't produce what I was looking for.

Thanks!
trondmm

Re: Tutorials

Post by trondmm »

What exactly do you need help with?
Stacman

Post by Stacman »

Thanks for asking, but it appears that this site is another that doesn't bother to answer questions of outsiders, so there's not much sense asking anything else. I've been encoding video for quite a long time, but had never tried MKV, so I was looking for a general tutorial using the Make MKV app. That is apparently asking too much. But I appreciate your your response...
dpstjp

Post by dpstjp »

Stacman,

Since you've been encoding video for so long, perhaps you should try just playing with MakeMKV to start with rather than expecting to be spoon-fed?

MakeMKV is one of the simplest programmes I can think of, you really shouldn't get stuck. Load a disk and then press the big button in the middle of the programme window. Once its read the disk tick the boxes of the stuff you want to rip, and untick the boxes of what you don't want.

If you do get stuck there are plenty of people here who would be prepared to help you if you bothered to ask a more specific question than the one you did.
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@Stacman

The offers and advice that you've received in two posts are spot on - but since you seem intent on something more specific (fear factor on your part?), try the following:

http://www.makemkv.com/faq/

Stacman

Post by Stacman »

I appreciate the link setarip_old. That's all I needed, and I can take it from there. This stuff isn't that hard to figure out, but as with everything, there are always learned tricks that go a long way...