Licensing Question

Everything related to MakeMKV
Casper_NZ

Licensing Question

Post by Casper_NZ »

Hello

I was wondering if I purchase a license and then 6 months down the road decide to upgrade or purchase a new PC, is there an option to park my license and then transfer it to my new PC?, or will I have to buy a whole new license key?

Thank you
Woodstock

Re: Licensing Question

Post by Woodstock »

If you are only using one copy at a time, no need for a second key. Running it on both computers at the same time, well... then you need a second key.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
NutFlush920

Post by NutFlush920 »

I understand the license key is universal between PC and Mac but, is it possible to install and use the same license key on mulitple computers in the home if only one instance of MakeMKV is being used at a time?

The reason I ask is becuase I have a Mac and my wife has a Windows 7 PC. I'd like to install and use MakeMKV on both just not at the same time. I never know what computer my wife might be using so I'm usually stuck using whichever she is not and can't afford to purchase 2 licenses.

I assume this is acceptible as long as I am only using the program on one computer at a time but, would like clarification if this is this acceptible under the license agreement and purchase of a serial key?

My primary reason for asking is becuase I love the software and think its a great tool. I used the previous beta key and it will be expiring in 2 days so figured, now is as good time as any to show my support and purchase a license key.
NutFlush920

Post by NutFlush920 »

Any thoughts? My beta key expired and am ready to pull the trigger and buy if what I'm trying to do is cool.
crowfax

Post by crowfax »

I'm pretty sure the keys work between different OS' but I've never tried.

If you use and like MakeMKV you should buy it. If not, then you'll have to wait for a new beta key. Personally, after a day of testing I decided it was worth $50 to me, but as with all purchases it's a personal choice in the end.
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
NutFlush920

Post by NutFlush920 »

I agree, its a great program and I want to buy. Just need need to make sure I can use the same key on both computers at the same time without using the software at the same time.
crowfax

Post by crowfax »

NutFlush920 wrote:Just need need to make sure I can use the same key on both computers at the same time without using the software at the same time.
99.9% sure you can.

Now hit that buy link! :mrgreen:
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

NutFlush920 wrote:Just need need to make sure I can use the same key on both computers at the same time without using the software at the same time.
Yes.
NutFlush920

Post by NutFlush920 »

Fantastic news Mike. I'll be purchasing/showing my support this week. Keep up the great work
NutFlush920

Post by NutFlush920 »

Just purchased. Thanks again!