Activation Key Doesn't Work For 1.7

Everything related to MakeMKV
berlin1525

Activation Key Doesn't Work For 1.7

Post by berlin1525 »

I received a message from MakeMKV that my version is too old so I downloaded the newest version. Now the key listed here: http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053 no longer works. I can't use the program without registering and I thought the program would be free to use while in beta. What's going on? Is there a new key to be used with the newest version of MakeMKV?
Crazy Marty

Re: Activation Key Doesn't Work For 1.7

Post by Crazy Marty »

The key expired just a little while ago, but has been working since March (with both 1.6.16 and 1.7.0). It looks like Mike needs to create a new one....
philnort

Post by philnort »

berlin1525 wrote:I received a message from MakeMKV that my version is too old so I downloaded the newest version. Now the key listed here: http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053 no longer works. I can't use the program without registering and I thought the program would be free to use while in beta. What's going on? Is there a new key to be used with the newest version of MakeMKV?
I second that!
pauljaymes

Post by pauljaymes »

Crazy Marty wrote:The key expired just a little while ago, but has been working since March (with both 1.6.16 and 1.7.0). It looks like Mike needs to create a new one....
As a temporary workaround I seem to be able to run makemkv with the system date set back a week.
NutFlush920

Post by NutFlush920 »

I too had used the previous beta key good til the end of December 2011. I had to change my PC's date back to 11/01/11 (a date prior to 11/27/11) for it work properly. Whats funny is if you go to Help then About it says Evaluation expires 11/27/11 and this version expires 2/18/12.

It's also funny because I check my Mac which I didn't enter the key and it has the same version expiration date but no evaluation expires date.

I hope a new key is posted soon. I wanna purchase a key but need to know if I can use the same key on both my Mac and PC at the same just not make MKV's on both computers at the same time. Still waiting on a response on that though at http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4384

Thanks for the great program and happy New Year!
steagle

Post by steagle »

I'm on Mac OS X and I can verify that setting back the system time does NOT get MakeMKV to work (I tried versions 1.7 and 1.6.2). I tried a day, a week and a month in the past and still get "Evaluation period has expired." I even deleted all MakeMKV files from my computer, rebooted, reinstalled different versions, changed system time and no dice.

Edit: setting system time back 1 year allows the program to run in 30-day evaluation mode :D
Last edited by steagle on Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
backdoor

Post by backdoor »

Same problem here on Win7... will try date change.... please update key!!
crowfax

Post by crowfax »

If you don't want to wait for a new key, you can always purchase a permanent one here:
http://makemkv.com/buy/
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
bondjw07

Post by bondjw07 »

crowfax wrote:If you don't want to wait for a new key, you can always purchase a permanent one here:
http://makemkv.com/buy/
Why should I have to buy a key when the main page clearly states:
All features (including Blu-ray decryption and processing) are free during BETA.
If they want people to buy they keys then they should release a final copy. Until then, it would be nice to have a key that didn't expire every month...
berlin1525

Post by berlin1525 »

Looks like the key here: http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053 is working again. w00 h00!
mikebo

Post by mikebo »

This doesn't work for me since upgrading to 1.7.0:
app_Key="T-Xwoud0YHASWPrg98zLI4q2X1wdsuFg1AUfZpHj2YKVxeX3xrrJ0TRoKBx81qH4mE42"

Is there a newer key? If so, could someone please post it?

Thanks!
mikebo
cjsiv

Post by cjsiv »

I don't want to offend anyone, but I find it amusing when people are using free software and they get upset because a new key lapses for any period of time. I used MakeMKV for a month and it worked flawlessly for me. I have backed up 80+ blurays. To me, the program is worth every penny. I bought a key a few months ago because I want to support the hard work put forth by MakeMKV's creator. I know that nowadays (makes me sound old) people seem to want something for nothing all of the time. I say that if you like the program, support it. It's functionality far surpasses its key price. Like I said, I am not saying this to offend or start an argument. I just want to see this program continue to grow and I appreciate the hard work put forth.
crowfax

Post by crowfax »

cjsiv wrote:I don't want to offend anyone, but I find it amusing when people are using free software and they get upset because a new key lapses for any period of time. I used MakeMKV for a month and it worked flawlessly for me. I have backed up 80+ blurays. To me, the program is worth every penny. I bought a key a few months ago because I want to support the hard work put forth by MakeMKV's creator. I know that nowadays (makes me sound old) people seem to want something for nothing all of the time. I say that if you like the program, support it. It's functionality far surpasses its key price. Like I said, I am not saying this to offend or start an argument. I just want to see this program continue to grow and I appreciate the hard work put forth.
This +1
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox