3D MVC Option

Everything related to MakeMKV
DarkCinema
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:49 am

Re: 3D MVC Option

Post by DarkCinema » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:22 pm

SiliconKid wrote:I just use Stereoscopic as an external player for XBMC and it works perfectly.
Do you use subtitles?
As far as I know the internal subtitles that are muxed by MakeMKV are not working using Stereoscopic player.

The Mede8er I own has also problems displaying the subtitles. It displays them but they are in the wrong 3D plane (unwatchable).
Not sure if it is a MakeMKV issue (not handling the 3Dplane info) or the player.

Anyway this leaves me with NO valid option to play MVCMKV files atm.

SiliconKid
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:57 pm

Re: 3D MVC Option

Post by SiliconKid » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:42 pm

Subtitles do seem to be a problem, but not for me.

i watch everything in english so thus far Ive been unaffected.

But yes, they are a pending issue.

arrgh
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:59 pm

Re: 3D MVC Option

Post by arrgh » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:40 pm

SiliconKid wrote:Subtitles do seem to be a problem, but not for me.

i watch everything in english so thus far Ive been unaffected.

But yes, they are a pending issue.
...ok, so you didn't watch Avatar.... :wink:

SiliconKid
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:57 pm

Re: 3D MVC Option

Post by SiliconKid » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:56 pm

Not as an MVC encode, no.

ive got it in mutiple other formats though.

But thats 1 movie, so not exactly a train smash.

Like I already said, subtitles ARE a problem IF you need them, I agree.

Stereoscopic Player is still the only software option for playing MVC, regardless.

Batiatus
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:15 am

Re: 3D MVC Option

Post by Batiatus » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:26 pm

Well I've installed Stereoscopic and ffdshow. SCP plays regular MKV files but without HD audio. It does nothing with MVC MKV files however. Just sits at a black screen for 5 minutes until the trail time runs out and exits. Certainly not a viable option nor worth 39 euros.

SiliconKid
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:57 pm

Re: 3D MVC Option

Post by SiliconKid » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:34 pm

@Batiatus:

1. HD audio isn't working because you clearly haven't configured your audio codecs correctly. DirectShow Audio needs to be configured to bitstream HD audio.

2. You are seeing a black screen in SCP because you haven't configure the rendering and output modes properly. There are many different kinds of 3D encoding, you need to tell SCP what it's working with.

An in addition to that, your hardware needs to support MVC playback. You need to either have NVidia or ATI 3D support available via your video drivers and your video card / chipset needs to understand how to hardware decode multi-stream MVC content and send it to your display device.

Can your hardware do that ?

In both cases, the fault is yours, it has nothing to do with the software.

The software works perfectly, I use it with SBS, TAB and MKV MVC movies of all kinds of bitrates and streaming both TrueHD and DTS Master Audio and I have zero problems.

Please don't blame software for your lack of knowledge and understanding with respect to how to use it.

Batiatus
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:15 am

Re: 3D MVC Option

Post by Batiatus » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:37 pm

So it's all my fault and had nothing to do with a rinky-dink piece of software from Russia? Right. Glad you are here to help and not act like a jack-ass.

Krobar
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:45 am

Re: 3D MVC Option

Post by Krobar » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:15 pm

Batiatus wrote:So it's all my fault and had nothing to do with a rinky-dink piece of software from Russia? Right. Glad you are here to help and not act like a jack-ass.
Its mostly your fault.

Batiatus
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:15 am

Re: 3D MVC Option

Post by Batiatus » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:47 pm

When someone states "the software works perfectly" and acts like an a-hole then no, it's not mostly my fault. What was my fault was taking the first Directshow Google link to download ffdshow from 2004 which had nothing of value to me. I've corrected that mistake.

However, Stereoscopic is far from a perfect player. It has almost no video controls, doesn't recognize chapter markers, can't handle subtitles and you can't even exit out of it easy. When it's playing a MVC MKV in monoscopic the audio works fine. When you switch to stereoscopic the sound is out of sync by half a second. Perfectly is not even close to how I'd describe this program which costs over $50US and is from Russia.

jhoff80
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:14 pm

Re: 3D MVC Option

Post by jhoff80 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:24 pm

I actually really like Stereoscopic Player (and I've had a license for it for years) unlike the previous poster, and yet I have to admit to having zero success with an MVC MKV myself.

My media/gaming PC is a Core i7-4770 with a GTX780 (latest 332.21 drivers) , and running Windows 8.1. I've got 3D working working perfectly with my previous preferred method (two separate L/R video files), but discovered that MVC MKV is now a possibility and was experimenting with that with MakeMKV.

As I'm on Windows 8.1, I tend to prefer the Quad Buffered DirectX output method, because that lets me play movies in Stereoscopic Player in 3d without all of my games using 3D Vision as well. That being said, I do own the 3DTV Play software, and can also successfully play a L/R file using 3D Vision output as well.

However, when I play my test MVC MKV (the short "Bob's Big Break" ripped from my Monsters vs Aliens disc), no matter which output option I select (either Quad Buffered DirectX or NVIDIA 3D Vision... or even anaglyph for that matter), I get nothing but a frozen player and a black screen.

The only way to get anything to play back (for testing, I know that CoreMVC has to be set to highest priority for it to work properly) is to set the LAV Video decoder to have a higher priority than the CoreMVC decoder, but since that just treats it as standard h.264, that obviously just pops up the window to select which type of 3D file it is and then upon choosing a type, doesn't actually show it in 3D.

I feel like clearly there's something I'm missing here, but have no possible idea what it could be. I've even tried to go back to version 1.9.6 to see if that made it work, but nothing.

superx
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:45 pm

Re: 3D MVC Option

Post by superx » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:23 pm

quick question, with stereoscopic player. How do I get the correct output for my projector. it does the frame sequential. I have a nvidia card do I set it to the 3D nvidia Output.

Thanks.

Batiatus
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:15 am

Re: 3D MVC Option

Post by Batiatus » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:49 am

Still no real news on this topic? Bummer.

jhoff80
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:14 pm

Re: 3D MVC Option

Post by jhoff80 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:58 am

jhoff80 wrote:I actually really like Stereoscopic Player (and I've had a license for it for years) unlike the previous poster, and yet I have to admit to having zero success with an MVC MKV myself.

My media/gaming PC is a Core i7-4770 with a GTX780 (latest 332.21 drivers) , and running Windows 8.1. I've got 3D working working perfectly with my previous preferred method (two separate L/R video files), but discovered that MVC MKV is now a possibility and was experimenting with that with MakeMKV.

As I'm on Windows 8.1, I tend to prefer the Quad Buffered DirectX output method, because that lets me play movies in Stereoscopic Player in 3d without all of my games using 3D Vision as well. That being said, I do own the 3DTV Play software, and can also successfully play a L/R file using 3D Vision output as well.

However, when I play my test MVC MKV (the short "Bob's Big Break" ripped from my Monsters vs Aliens disc), no matter which output option I select (either Quad Buffered DirectX or NVIDIA 3D Vision... or even anaglyph for that matter), I get nothing but a frozen player and a black screen.

The only way to get anything to play back (for testing, I know that CoreMVC has to be set to highest priority for it to work properly) is to set the LAV Video decoder to have a higher priority than the CoreMVC decoder, but since that just treats it as standard h.264, that obviously just pops up the window to select which type of 3D file it is and then upon choosing a type, doesn't actually show it in 3D.

I feel like clearly there's something I'm missing here, but have no possible idea what it could be. I've even tried to go back to version 1.9.6 to see if that made it work, but nothing.
I'm not sure if this is due to a Nvidia driver update, or because of updating to Stereoscopic Player 2.1.4 (I suspect the former, but I don't want to risk breaking anything), but playback now works for me.

Batiatus
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:15 am

Re: 3D MVC Option

Post by Batiatus » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:16 pm

jhoff80 wrote:I'm not sure if this is due to a Nvidia driver update, or because of updating to Stereoscopic Player 2.1.4 (I suspect the former, but I don't want to risk breaking anything), but playback now works for me.
Does this new version have any better set-up or player controls or is it still pretty rinky-dink?

jhoff80
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:14 pm

Re: 3D MVC Option

Post by jhoff80 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:27 pm

Well considering it was a 0.0.1 version update, the same as before. If set up properly (which yes, is a huge pain) it does work great (including subtitles), but no, the playback controls are the same.

Post Reply