MakeMKV Setting to use with WD HDTV?

Everything related to MakeMKV
Richard

MakeMKV Setting to use with WD HDTV?

Post by Richard »

Sorry to trouble anyone, but may I ask the best seetings to set so it will play back through WD HDTV? I have tried a couple of times but just getting msg invalid format! can anyone please help?
Kind regards.
Jahdoh

Re: MakeMKV Setting to use with WD HDTV?

Post by Jahdoh »

Richard wrote:Sorry to trouble anyone, but may I ask the best seetings to set so it will play back through WD HDTV? I have tried a couple of times but just getting msg invalid format! can anyone please help?
Kind regards.
Your WDTV should be playing them fine. Other than choosing which titles and audio tracks you want produced, and where you want them to go, theres no real settings to set.

I ran into this a couple times on my WDTV and I had to goto settings on the WDTV, and reset to manufacture defaults. This clears the temporary stuff WDTV uses and should correct the problem.

I've not ran into one MKV produced from original DVD, Bluray, or HD-DVD that wouldn't play since the last firmware update on the WDTV. Make sure your using the current firmware: Release 1.02.07 (4/27/2009).
Oldman

Re: MakeMKV Setting to use with WD HDTV?

Post by Oldman »

As Jahdoh said, make sure you have the latest firmware. Try unplugging the WDTV player as the power button doesn't truly turn it off and then turn it back on. Using MakeMKV with the WDTV player for the most part should just be load, click button, and go. I've used it to watch quite a few blu-rays just fine on my WDTV. I've had one or two problem files that seemed to be corrected by running them through the mkvmerge utility which is part of the mkvtoolnix package. Usually though this is if I'm getting problems like stuttering playback.

http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoo ... ml#windows