List of DVD/BluRay that haven't worked

Everything related to MakeMKV
Sybock

List of DVD/BluRay that haven't worked

Post by Sybock »

** UPDATED: 2009-08-02 ** With the release of version 1.4.6, the problems with a lot if not all of these movies has been solved. The items left on the list either still don't work in 1.4.6 or are unconfirmed.

I love this program - but it doesn't always work.

When I say "don't work", what I means is that I run MakeMKV on the particular movie and the resulting .mkv plays in any player (VLC, KMPlayer, MPC) but it has no video or audio. It's not a copyright issue because I'll already have ripped/stripped the movie from disc using DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter or AnyDVDHD. I've been ripping DVDs for almost a decade now so you can assume I know what I'm doing when I say it's not a configuration issue with my media players. I've also spent over $4k building an infallible file server with a RAID 6+0 array to protect this media for all time.

Particularly, the issue I'm talking about has been covered in some depth in this thread: http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=347

Here is a list I'm starting for movies that haven't worked for me. If you want to add to it, that'd be great. Maybe it'll help figure out what's wrong. Just post below like I do and I'll copy it into this list.

- The Departed (2006) NTSC DVD AC3 DD5.1 - Failed during creation of .mkv file on version 1.4.6 with no reason given for error. (tried 3 times)
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989) NTSC DVD AC3 DD5.1 - Failed during creation of .mkv file on version 1.4.6 with no reason given for error. (tried 3 times)
- The Last Samurai, Blu-ray, Region 1, LIBMKV_TRACE: Exception: Error while reading input - (It failed to create the .mkv file)
Last edited by Sybock on Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:36 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Sybock

Re: List of DVD/BluRay that haven't worked

Post by Sybock »

- Pathfinder (2007) Bluray DTS 5.1 - Resulted in 8.3GB file with correct movie length with no video or audio.
Sybock

Post by Sybock »

- The Departed (2006) NTSC DVD AC3 DD5.1 - Failed during creation of .mkv file with no reason given for error. (tried 3 times)
Sybock

Post by Sybock »

- The Rundown (2003) NTSC DVD AC3 DD5.1 - Resulted in 4.4GB file with correct movie length but no video or audio.
Sybock

Post by Sybock »

- Land of the Dead (2005) NTSC DVD AC3 DD5.1 - Resulted in 4.4GB file with correct length but no video or audio.
- Chronicles of Riddick (2004) NTSC DVD AC3 DD5.1 - Resulted in 4.4GB file with correct length but no video or audio.
Sybock

Post by Sybock »

- Bourne Identity (2002) NTSC DVD AC3 DD5.1 - File created was 4.4GB and correct movie length but no video or audio.
Sybock

Post by Sybock »

- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004) 2004 NTSC DVD DTS - File created was 5.52GB in size with correct length but no video or audio.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Thank you for maintaining this list. I'm making this post sticky for now to keep a track. Please post ONLY disc names and description and follow the format - disc name, dvd or blu-ray, region, error description.

The next coming version will have significant changes in mux code and should correct some of these.
Taddeusz

Post by Taddeusz »

Basic Instinct: Special Edition: Unrated Director's Cut, Region 1 DVD

No error: file size is correct, won't play.
Last edited by Taddeusz on Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sybock

Post by Sybock »

Please be sure to include a description of the error.
gthrift

Post by gthrift »

Fast and Furious, DVD, Region 1
no errors given; plays for 1 second and stops

Taken, DVD, Region 1
no errors given; no audio, no video

Valkyrie, DVD, Region 1
no errors given; plays for 1 second and stops

I'm now 1 for 4 using this program. The Watchmen worked hopefully when I try more they will work as well.
Sybock

Post by Sybock »

Is that the 2001 or 2009 Fast & Furious?
gthrift

Post by gthrift »

The 2009 movie.
Psycho-gHo

Post by Psycho-gHo »

I must say, the new version 1.4.6 has fixed all known issues with current problematic movies that I have in my library; kudos.
Last edited by Psycho-gHo on Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
tuyenvo

Post by tuyenvo »

The Last Samurai, Blu-ray, Region 1, LIBMKV_TRACE: Exception: Error while reading input - (It failed to create the .mkv file)