Future Version Suggestions...

Everything related to MakeMKV
jlhinrichs

Future Version Suggestions...

Post by jlhinrichs »

First off what a great program! Simple and does what it's suppose to. Again thanks!

I do have a couple off suggestions though. Sorry if they already have been ask for.

1) Allow user as a option to turn on or off automatic check box checking. I spend a lot of time unchecking the check boxes. I usually only check one auto and one subtitle.

2) Allow the user to save the output directory. It's kind of a pain to have to dig down the directory tree in my server to find the movie folder.

3) Allow the user to preview the selected item. Sometimes it's real hard to tell what the actual movie is. A preview would be nice prior to saving.

4) I know your still working on it but I get a lot of duplication in the audio and subtitle list. I usually pick the first one in the list...

That's all for now. Keep up the good work!

Thanks,
Jay
Sybock

Re: Future Version Suggestions...

Post by Sybock »

I would like to see the ability to name the output file in the program itself.
reallyill

Post by reallyill »

I'd personally like to see a more full featured command line version. Perhaps the existing makemkvcon.exe already offers some of the necessary functionality, but the switches it mentions when you just run the program with no arguments don't seem to be documented anywhere. Basically, I would love the ability to use it to batch encode a large number of files. One of the primary things I use this software for is splitting out individual episodes from TV shows, and if I could use a command line version to say select the primary audio, video, and subs stream of each relevant episode on a disc and then output each one in turn, it would be simple to then write a batch script which could take it all one step further and traverse the necessary directories, properly name each file with the appropriate episode number, etc.
Oldman

Post by Oldman »

I'd definitely vote for number 1. Don't auto-populate every checkbox. Or perhaps allow a right mouse click option that removes all check marks if you do continue to auto-populate. Anyways, great program and thank you for making it available! :D