Spaceballs: $7.88, 25 years old. AACS31, BD 2012.6!

Everything related to MakeMKV
goingbust

Spaceballs: $7.88, 25 years old. AACS31, BD 2012.6!

Post by goingbust »

Seriously, why such badass encryption on such an old catalog release? And it is priced to move. So well priced to move I have a copy delivered from Amazon today. I don't understand the studios sometimes. I would expect this on Titanic (which released with AACS26 and no BD) but not Spaceballs. :roll:
Gadgetman!

Re: Spaceballs: $7.88, 25 years old. AACS31, BD 2012.6!

Post by Gadgetman! »

It probably doesn't take them more time or resources to encrypt using the latest systems than it would take to use the older systems.

Also, it has always been a 'must have' movie for us comedy and sci-fi fans, so it's bound to sell well, and be copied a lot, too.
I'm not going to buy it, though. I'm about to rip it from VHS with my brand new Delgato EyeTV Hybrid.
Mac Mini, 2005 with superdrive, 2GB RAM, 80GB SSD, Core2Duo 2.16GHz CPU...
2 x LG USB DVD-drives and 'old spiteful' an IDE-based DVD-reader from a desktop connected to the internals of an old FW-HDD.
Writes Sci-fi:
http://www.planetfurry.com/~anthony/
Smithcraft

Re: Spaceballs: $7.88, 25 years old. AACS31, BD 2012.6!

Post by Smithcraft »

As a fan of Mel Brooks and Sci-Fi, it is not a must have.

The studios aren't going to say, Dark Knight Rises is new so it gets AACS 34, but Casablanca is old so it gets AACS 01. If it just came out it's gonna have the DRM that is current for it's release, not a prior version.

SC