[REQUEST]

Everything related to MakeMKV
NomadCF

[REQUEST]

Post by NomadCF »

1. Eject when done
2. Stop auto sensing when a disc is inserted into a drive which is not selected. Example I have 2 drives 1 bluray and 1 DVD, and I tend to rip from both of them at the same time. But the GUI scans BOTH drives and reset the select drive to the newest inserted disc. Even though I have the drive selected that I want that instance of makemkv to rip from.
ChinaJade

Re: [REQUEST]

Post by ChinaJade »

Seconding that both of these would be "nice to have."

For #1, I would add "play a completion sound" would be good too. :D

As far as #2, I have the same problem. With two drives, If I'm ripping a DVD (say, via AnyDVD) when I launch MakeMKV, it can't see the second drive as ready to go. This is in addition to it MakeMKV polling the drive that is busy, interrupting the rip that is already in progress. It would be nice to select the drive, and tell MakeMKV to "look here", rather than doing its 'auto sense' thing.

cheers,
CJ
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Request noted.
aldur

Post by aldur »

Using this for the first time took 11 minutes to rip "AI" and while that is fast I have the follow query which will probably show my ignorance of the topic.

my machine has 4 cores and never got above 10% processor any chance of making it use more of the processor even making it use processors 2-4 at 100 % would be fine leaving the OS the first core.

thanks.
Bling2Ming

Post by Bling2Ming »

aldur wrote:Using this for the first time took 11 minutes to rip "AI" and while that is fast I have the follow query which will probably show my ignorance of the topic.

my machine has 4 cores and never got above 10% processor any chance of making it use more of the processor even making it use processors 2-4 at 100 % would be fine leaving the OS the first core.

thanks.
Makemkv does no encoding of the video and audio on the disk. It decrypts and re-packages the streams into an mkv file.
As makemkv does no encoding, the limiting factor in the time to rip a disk is really the speed of your disk drive not your cpu.
NomadCF

Post by NomadCF »

Bling2Ming wrote:
aldur wrote:Using this for the first time took 11 minutes to rip "AI" and while that is fast I have the follow query which will probably show my ignorance of the topic.

thanks.
Makemkv does no encoding of the video and audio on the disk. It decrypts and re-packages the streams into an mkv file.
As makemkv does no encoding, the limiting factor in the time to rip a disk is really the speed of your disk drive not your cpu.
Almost correct, It's the speed of your DVD drive that will be the limiting factor.
Bling2Ming

Post by Bling2Ming »

NomadCF wrote:
Bling2Ming wrote:

thanks.
Almost correct, It's the speed of your DVD drive that will be the limiting factor.
Sorry Nomad thats what I meant, I should have wrote "optical drive" to make myself clearer.