Price

Everything related to MakeMKV
LukeSBE

Price

Post by LukeSBE »

I'm not against paying a license for good programs.
MakeMKV obviously falls in this cathegory.

BUT:
In what world does $50 equal €50 + €10 VAT? :(

Do I need to go through an anonymizer to get an American price?
paulster

Re: Price

Post by paulster »

In Avangate's world. The same Avangate that doesn't respond to emails or PMs, and seemingly offers the worst customer service of any retailer in the known world.

But, unfortunately, we're stuck with them for the time being.
Smithcraft

Post by Smithcraft »

LukeSBE wrote:BUT:
In what world does $50 equal €50 + €10 VAT? :(
The same world where nobody uses Search to find existing threads on the subject. :?

SC
nutcase

Post by nutcase »

It is true though - it looks like makemkv is a good program, and the right program for me. It removes many of the issues that people find unfair - such as regional discrimination. So why does it cost MORE in some regions than others? I'm not talking about VAT, that's fine. I'm talking about that the base cost in the UK is ?42.87 which is $66.02 at today's rate. What the hell is that all about? It's electronic delivery so there's no difference in postage costs or anything.

Don't get it? I'm looking for alternative programs now because it makes a mockery of the whole point of the program surely?

I'm going to add an edit to this - I appreciate that there is the key to use the program while in beta - so I can use it for free. But I've always been happy to pay for a product or service. All the discs I intend to rip are ones I own, I *want* to buy a licence for the product, but I want to buy it at a fair price without regional discrimination.
atomic7431

Post by atomic7431 »

mm i never looked at the price in the UK but now i have and agree why are we being charged a base price of ?42.87 today`s rate = $67.39 ?