Egreat R6S is playing 3D .mkv made with MakeMkv

Everything related to MakeMKV
unomro

Egreat R6S is playing 3D .mkv made with MakeMkv

Post by unomro »

Hi,

as the title states i was very pleasant surprised to notice my Egreat R6S plays 3D mkv resulted from MakeMkv.

As the player does not detect the 3D format it starts to play it in 2D. After that you go select 3D side by side and it transforms in 3D HDMI 1.4 signal. (I was puzzled too by the "side by side" but of course the stream is frame packed not side by side, and it still works like a charm)

Cheers
shanec

Re: Egreat R6S is playing 3D .mkv made with MakeMkv

Post by shanec »

Interesting, could I trouble you to check a few things for me?

Does the media player let you skip chapters (and not just jumping a preset amount of time)?
Does the media player support blu-ray PGS subtitles and more importantly, PGS subtitles playing back in 3D movies?

3D Blu-Rays with forced subtitles like Avatar, Avengers, Captain America, John Carter all have forced subtitles and currently stereoscopic player doesn't support them so I have to keep them as ISO's for playback on my HTPC using PowerDVD.
unomro

Post by unomro »

Hi,

since i could convert only 1 title from 3 (errors in streams not MakeMkv's fault) i cannot say i tested a lot.

But for this title i could convert:

- yes, it does skip the chapters correctly, the chapters made by MakeMkv. Anyway, the GOTO functions, actually lets you skik titles, chapters or even go directly to a time you set.
- it supports PGS subtitles just fine, both in 2D and 3D.

I cannot say about forced subtitles, i don't have any title to test now. Also my native language (as you probably noticed so far) is not English, so for me everything is translated in the subtitles.

I will try to get one of the titles you said and test for the forced English subtitle. I will let you know as soon as a have a result. Probably not very soon since now i am struggling with Scenarist remastering, to add audios with my native language to cartoons for my 4 years old daughter...

Regards
majorcs

Post by majorcs »

Sorry for dredging up an old thread, but I'm wondering if you have tried makemkv against anymore 3D titles and using the Egreat r6s against it. I'm considering buying one and would like to ensure it can handle full HD 3D MKVs.