BSODs while using MakeMKV

Everything related to MakeMKV
ElJimador

BSODs while using MakeMKV

Post by ElJimador »

Hello. I downloaded MakeMKV a couple weeks ago and have been really happy with it except lately I've run into a problem that it will crash my laptop when I try to save certain of my blu rays to my hard drive. Avatar Extended Collectors Edition has crashed it every time and at this point I've done everything I can to isolate the problem, run diagnostics, and upgrade all the hardware/firmware that I could think to (including upgrading from 6 to 16GB RAM and updating to the latest Intel HD 3000 Graphics driver). A 7 pass Memtest86+ test says that new memory is fine, CPUID shows me the laptop isn't overheating, and there's been nothing but MakeMKV running the last 2 times I've watched it BSOD. So what should I do? Per the dump reports I've copied below, I can't find any way to update or change this particular Intel Graphics Kernel Mode Driver by itself and although I'd prefer to have a computer with an independent graphics card that's not in the budget right now. So is there something I can change on the MakeMKV settings to try to avoid this kernel trap? A slower option maybe? Or something else I can change on my laptop settings? I really like MakeMKV and would probably buy it if I could just figure this out. I'm running 64 bit Win 7 with an Intel i7 processor. (Note: the 2 dump reports below were before and after I updated to the latest Intel Graphics driver which obviously didn't help). Thanks!

On Sat 2/9/2013 12:13:11 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\020813-21372-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: igdkmd64.sys (igdkmd64+0x17485D)
Bugcheck code: 0x7F (0x8, 0x80050033, 0x406F8, 0xFFFFF8800599385D)
Error: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\igdkmd64.sys
product: Intel Graphics Accelerator Drivers for Windows 8(R)
company: Intel Corporation
description: Intel Graphics Kernel Mode Driver
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the Intel CPU generated a trap and the kernel failed to catch this trap.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: igdkmd64.sys (Intel Graphics Kernel Mode Driver, Intel Corporation).
Google query: Intel Corporation UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

On Fri 2/8/2013 11:03:12 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\020813-21964-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: igdkmd64.sys (igdkmd64+0xF8FF7)
Bugcheck code: 0x7F (0x8, 0x80050033, 0x406F8, 0xFFFFF88006536FF7)
Error: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\igdkmd64.sys
product: Intel Graphics Accelerator Drivers for Windows 8(R)
company: Intel Corporation
description: Intel Graphics Kernel Mode Driver
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the Intel CPU generated a trap and the kernel failed to catch this trap.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: igdkmd64.sys (Intel Graphics Kernel Mode Driver, Intel Corporation).
Google query: Intel Corporation UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP