Foreign Movies ENGLISH subtitles

Everything related to MakeMKV
Vahshat

Foreign Movies ENGLISH subtitles

Post by Vahshat »

None of the Foreign Movies that I copied includes the ENGLISH subtitles. How can I add this.

Thanks
Woodstock

Re: Foreign Movies ENGLISH subtitles

Post by Woodstock »

Unless you have configured MakeMKV to not include them, they will be in the MKV file. The fact that you're asking about it would indicate that you don't know how to do that yet, so we will work on the premise that they're being ripped, but not seen.

Your PLAYER SOFTWARE may not support some subtitle formats. If, for example, you rip a Bluray disk, the PGS-format subtitles will be present, but a lot of players cannot handle them, or can only handle them if they have been compressed (Western Digital players fall into this category).

You can see if MakeMKV sees the subtitles by expanding the title displayed in the left hand selection window (the little arrow next to the title). It will list all audio, video, and subtitle tracks found for that title, and whether they are selected to be included in the MKV file.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
austingrd

Post by austingrd »

Unless you have configured MakeMKV to not include them
Hi. The url link doesn't seem to work. Can you please include the link?
Mistakes are learning tools. Image
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

The only link I had in my message was to the FAQ for enabling debug logging.

In the MakeMKV preferences, you can set a "Preferred Language", which will cause MakeMKV to put a higher priority on tracks in that language. And, under the "advanced profiles", you can set up a profile that will ignore any languages you do not have in a list. But, to do that without knowing you did it is not likely.

Which is why I suggested looking at the information screens when you open the disk, to see what subtitles MakeMKV sees and has selected.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging