Missing episodes?

Everything related to MakeMKV
pofigster

Missing episodes?

Post by pofigster »

This is the first issue I've run into with MakeMKV (just to be clear, I love it to death and bought it, it's helped me rip my entire collection to my HTPC). I just bought the complete Stargate Atlantis series on DVD and when I stick the first disc of season 1 it finds two of the three episodes on the disc (Premiere, which is two parts and one of the other two). DVD Decrypter finds all three episodes. Is there something that would make MakeMKV miss an episode? It reports some "Cells xx-end were skipped due to cell commands" - but the lengths there are the same as the episodes it's found. These are Region 1 discs. Thanks for any help/advice you can offer me!
Woodstock

Re: Missing episodes?

Post by Woodstock »

My first question is what version of the SG:A disks do you have? I've got the original 2005 version (thin pack) region 1 disks, and MakeMKV 1.8.3 reports:
Cells 4-end were skipped due to cell commands (structure protection?)
Title #1 was added (3 cell(s), 1:27:59)
Cells 5-end were skipped due to cell commands (structure protection?)
Title #3 was added (4 cell(s), 0:43:40)
Cells 7-end were skipped due to cell commands (structure protection?)
Title #4 was added (6 cell(s), 0:43:36)
Title #8 has length of 4 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 30 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #10 has length of 14 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 30 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #13/1 has length of 16 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 30 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #13/2 has length of 5 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 30 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #13/3 has length of 5 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 30 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #13/4 has length of 5 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 30 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #13/5 has length of 5 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 30 seconds and was therefore skipped
Cells 2-end were skipped due to cell commands (structure protection?)
Title #17 was added (1 cell(s), 0:11:21)
Title #18 was added (1 cell(s), 0:02:51)
Title #19 was added (1 cell(s), 0:02:27)
Operation successfully completed
It seems to be able to rip this version just fine, but some debugging information will help Mike isolate the differences.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
austingrd

Re: Missing episodes?

Post by austingrd »

Hi pofigster, have you already sent the debug to support?
Mistakes are learning tools. Image