Weird problem

Everything related to MakeMKV
JLWaller

Weird problem

Post by JLWaller »

I have been using MakeMkv for sometime now. For all of this time it has been using all 6 cores in my system which makes converting from ISOs fast. Recently I have had some major computer problems. I seem to have solved them, but, since then MakeMKV is single core only and I cannot find a way to make use, or be aware of the other 5 cores. I do not know if in the process of fixing my computer issues I may have delete anything necessary for it. I have uninstalled, cleaned up my machine, and reinstalled, with no luck. Any ideas as to what is wrong?? I am running a Windows 8 machine and things worked fine until this past week.

Thanks,
JohnW
JLWaller

Re: Weird problem

Post by JLWaller »

Well, it seems that Malwarebytes was the culprit. Once I uninstalled it, I got speedy conversions again. It is not my default anti-virus, Windows Defender is, but I do use it when troubleshooting major issues, and I had not uninstalled it once I was done.

John Waller
doncht

Post by doncht »

That's really interesting. Since MBAB doesn't have real time protection but it only scan your PC when you do it manually. But nice to see this working for you.
NodNarb012

Post by NodNarb012 »

The paid Pro version does have real time protection.