MakeMKV and Growl

Everything related to MakeMKV
necrosis

MakeMKV and Growl

Post by necrosis »

I always wished MakeMKV supported Growl so I could send notifications to my PC when backups were done. As I use my Mac Mini to do the backups. As well as using Prowl to send them to my phone too.

Then reading the change logs I see Growl support was actually added in 1.6.4 then REMOVED in 1.7.7 in favor of Apple's useless notification center. Why was this done? I would love to see Growl notifications put back in being how completely useless notification center really is (zero network support).
obschina

Re: MakeMKV and Growl

Post by obschina »

I'd love to see the same functionality - I use Growl with Handbrake & would love to see it work with MakeMKV too.
obschina

Post by obschina »

Of course in my case I am referring to Windows version of Growl unlike the old OS X implementation ;-)
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

necrosis wrote:Then reading the change logs I see Growl support was actually added in 1.6.4 then REMOVED in 1.7.7 in favor of Apple's useless notification center. Why was this done? I would love to see Growl notifications put back in being how completely useless notification center really is (zero network support).
Because maintaining Growl support turned out to be a nightmare. Growl is so badly designed and changes the API so often, that it is impossible to keep up. And apple built-in notifications turned out to be good enough for majority...
necrosis

Post by necrosis »

Fantastic... :evil: