How long until the end of the Beta?

Everything related to MakeMKV
toshibauser

Re: How long until the end of the Beta?

Post by toshibauser »

I'm in same boat. Discovered MakeMKV just a month ago and although I consider it a great tool, for many of us are late at the party since it seems like the honeymoon is over. :cry:
tylergfoster

Post by tylergfoster »

As I posted in the other thread, it took almost a day into October to get the code that functioned through the end of November. I wouldn't assume the beta is over unless they make a post stating the beta is over.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

For what it is worth, when the beta keys expire (and yes, they do) and haven't been replaced yet, you can start MakeMKV by temporarily setting your system date to something before the key expired, start the program, then put the date back.

Or, purchase a key (many of us have) that doesn't expire.

I think Mike may have slipped up with the dates in 1.8.6, because it would have normally been set to run out around Christmas or New Years with a November release date.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
nickbuol

Post by nickbuol »

I tried the date change trick earlier with no luck in getting around the error. Windows 7 64-bit... Hadn't seen that trick work in a long time, so I wasn't surprised.

EDIT: The updated key was posted last night in the official announcement thread:

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053

Good through January 2014