Makemkv and Seedbox (rtorrent 0.9.2)

Everything related to MakeMKV
Hidra

Makemkv and Seedbox (rtorrent 0.9.2)

Post by Hidra »

Hi,

I am totally new regarding makemkv. I want to do some remuxes and a friend told me to use makemkv. I want to use it with my seedbox, which has rtorrent 0.9.2 installed.

My provider said that he installed it but I couldn't see it in plugins list or when I go to the specific file and do the right click. My friend explained to me that makemkv should work same as for example MediaInfo... after it's installed, go to desired file, right click and option would be there.

After I said to my SB provider it's not there/working, he said than it can't work with rtorrent.

My question is - can makemkv work with rtorrent? Could it be implemented to SB to work with rtorrent and how it's working? Using the right click or there is some other way?
Woodstock

Re: Makemkv and Seedbox (rtorrent 0.9.2)

Post by Woodstock »

Trying to understand the question...

MakeMKV extracts files from DVDs and BDs, writing them to disk, or (optionally) acting as a streaming source for compatible video players.

rTorrent is a text-based BitTorrent client.

They are not related in any way, so they should not interfere with each other.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Hidra

Post by Hidra »

Maybe I didn't explained very well.

Friend of mine, who makes remux movies from .iso files told me that she uses Makemkv for that. She said to ask my SB provider to install it to my SB.

When I asked what's the way makemkv works, or more precise how do I use it she said "Same as MediaInfo, go to your SB, go the desired .iso file, right click on it and than you'll see option for makemkv".

My provider installed makemkv to my SB, but there's no new program in the list of plugins and no new option when in my SB I go with right click on desired file. When I told that to my provider, he said makemkv can't work with rtorrent.

So my question is - can makemkv be used with rtorrent and how? If it's possible, I need info how so I can tell that to my provider.

Thanks
PaulCB

Post by PaulCB »

Still unclear what you are talking about but the first thing to note is that makemkv is for backing up movies you own, not for ripping them off rental/web or illegally distributing them. Please do not discuss (or do) such things here.

If somehow it doesn't have to do with the above, to address one part of the question, MakeMKV doesn't install a right click option and all ISO's must be mounted prior to MakeMKV being able to access them (to my knowledge) via something like virtual clone drive. From there you can modify what you want to back up (everything to Movie only).
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Hidra wrote:Friend of mine, who makes remux movies from .iso files told me that she uses Makemkv for that. She said to ask my SB provider to install it to my SB.
I just can't see how using torrent-downloaded DVD ISO images can be done legally. Please do not discuss it here, and please avoid using MakeMKV for illegal purposes.