MKV crashes MPC-HC

Everything related to MakeMKV
stanglx

MKV crashes MPC-HC

Post by stanglx »

Just created a MKV from a Bluray Drag Me To Hell and even though MediaInfo lists the proper video and audio codec information MPC-HC crashes - essentially seems to be a memory leak as the process goes up to over 2gb of memory and either crashes my machine or the process itself.

Im on Windows 7 x64 and latest version of MakeMKV - did NOT have AnyDVD running.

This is the ONLY movie I have tried with makeMKV (first one) and the ONLY MKV that exhibits this issue. I have many other MKVs created with eac3to / MKVMerve and have no issue - including this one. This has VC1 video codec and TrueHD audio codec.

What do I need to post to debug this issue?

EDIT: I wanted to add I spent the last 20 minutes trying to delete the file and could not with out logging into Safe mode with Command Prompt... Seems something in the file that was created was locking the file either due to indexing or media player sharing.. dont know but stay away at least from this movie and MakeMKV if you dont want grief...
mike admin

Re: MKV crashes MPC-HC

Post by mike admin »

it might be problem with antivirus.
dptbones

Post by dptbones »

I ripped bluray Harry Potter 6 and chose TrueHD and AC3. If I try to play it crashes WMC. Using win7 64 bit.
dptbones

Post by dptbones »

So I've been working on this rip all day. I tried ripping it again, same problem. But this is really weird. I installed xbmc a couple days ago and have been learning about it. I have typically been using wmc to play the rips off an external hard drive on my computer. I'm just in the early learning phases of building a htpc. So I ripped Harry Potter 6 (Half blood Prince) to MKV with newest beta (1.4.10). I have a single folder on the hard drive called "movies". Inside of that are my movies each in their own folder labeled with the exact name of the movie. If I open up wmc and go to the movie and click play it crashes wmc to desktop. If I try to play it through xbmc it just freezes after about 2 seconds. So this is the weird part, if I go to the folder on my hard drive and just double click the mkv file it opens in wmc and plays fine...so why won't it play when I open the wmc and then try to play the movie, but if I just double click the mkv file it opens wmc and plays just fine. Please help cuz this makes no sense to me.
stanglx

Post by stanglx »

Again... tried the .11 version and still Drag Me To Hell crashes all players including MPC-HC AND NOW with the added feature of crashing explorer.exe when you highlight the file.... but at least now I can delete the file.....

So I will ask again (and its not my Anti Virus, File Sharing, or anything else except what is creating the MKV file - MakeMKV) what do you want me to do to help you solve this issue... It creates the file with absolutely no issues and I can use Media Info and see all the proper codecs were created...

???????????????????????????
HAS ANYONE ELSE MADE A BACKUP OF DRAG ME TO HELL??????????????????????????????????????????????