"Divergent" "rental" disc correct file number: 810

Everything related to MakeMKV
DrDon

"Divergent" "rental" disc correct file number: 810

Post by DrDon »

Another disk with a boatload of files. About a third have the proper runtime. Still way too many. Was wondering if anyone had it figured out, yet.

Thanks

Doc
Last edited by DrDon on Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
zordaz

Re: "Divergent" correct file?

Post by zordaz »

I check to total play time of the DVD using either a dvd player or VLC media player. Then I look for the closest matching file with that time. That is the one I use and it is usually the right one..
DrDon

Post by DrDon »

Another thread says there are two that fit that criteria. 565 and 810. I'm ripping both of those just to be sure. Thanks.
lemonstrike8

Post by lemonstrike8 »

zordaz wrote:I check to total play time of the DVD using either a dvd player or VLC media player. Then I look for the closest matching file with that time. That is the one I use and it is usually the right one..
not sure if you just read the title and posted or didn't understand what the OP said... but the OP stated he has done that..... and a third of them DO match the run time. Just looking at run time will not pin-point the correct title.
DrDon

Post by DrDon »

In Zordaz's defense, I was using the runtime as reported by a Google search, which was not to the nearest second. In another thread, someone posted the runtime to the second along with the two playlists that matched. I've ripped both.

Meanwhile FWIW, SlySoft is having to issue a patch since their software can't copy this movie, either.
Gronnie

Post by Gronnie »

Please post once you verify which (if any) of the two you ripped is correct.
lemonstrike8

Post by lemonstrike8 »

DrDon wrote:Another thread says there are two that fit that criteria. 565 and 810. I'm ripping both of those just to be sure. Thanks.
pt: 2:19:40 = 565 and 810
565 skips a head at 25:39 so 810 is correct
Last edited by lemonstrike8 on Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WAYFLIX

Post by WAYFLIX »

lemonstrike8 wrote:
DrDon wrote:Another thread says there are two that fit that criteria. 565 and 810. I'm ripping both of those just to be sure. Thanks.
565 skips a head at 25:39 so 810 is correct
Thanks!
nickbuol

Post by nickbuol »

That is for the Redbox version correct? Just trying to clarify for others. The retail versions may be different. The Target Exclusive 3-disc set doesn't even have a 565 or an 810. I grabbed the 760.mpls and am going to verify it tomorrow. It has the correct runtime (so does 019.mpls). Just need to confirm the segment order.

Someone else reported that 760.mpls from the Amazon version was the only correct version for that disc, and the segment map matched the 760.mpls from the Target one.

My guess is that the retail versions (which also have HD audio) are going to be less hassle too since they don't have nearly as many bogus titles either. Just a thought for all of the "rent and rip" folks if they haven't rented yet.

EDIT: Title of this thread has been modified by the original poster to now reflect the rental version with 810.mpls. Retail versions will be different.
Last edited by nickbuol on Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
blacktop

Post by blacktop »

Is there a way to uncheck all of those titles and then check just the one you want? Thanks. Never mind just found old post - right click.
DrDon

Re: "Divergent" "rental" disc correct file number: 810

Post by DrDon »

I was working with the Netflix disc which says "rental" on it. Probably same version.

Title edited to reflect the solution so nobody has to sift through the thread.
thevofl

Post by thevofl »

OK. I may be rather ignorant with this, but what does a person using MakeMKV do with the "810"?

I have the non-Blu-Ray version.
thevofl

Post by thevofl »

thevofl wrote:OK. I may be rather ignorant with this, but what does a person using MakeMKV do with the "810"?

I have the non-Blu-Ray version.
Nevermind, I watched the movie. I won't watch it again.
byrdmanlk

Post by byrdmanlk »

Sorry i am a little new but how do you tell you are on file 810?
goingbust

Post by goingbust »

byrdmanlk wrote:Sorry i am a little new but how do you tell you are on file 810?
File 00810.mpls was added as title #249

Right click on the area with checkboxes and do a Unselect all. Scroll down until you find this line, check just that one, then rip.

Edit: Jesus fuck, this movie sucks. Don't bother. Burn disc, stat!