Feature idea

Everything related to MakeMKV
NEO Dan

Feature idea

Post by NEO Dan »

Currently we can filter off titles below a certain length, why not have an upper limit too? Or what about simply entering in the desired time?
ndjamena

Re: Feature idea

Post by ndjamena »

Because it would change for each disc, especially for DVD, and therefore can't be set in preferences and would require a GUI rewrite to fit it in.
Zlaxhe

Post by Zlaxhe »

In what senario would that make sense? Oo

Id rather go for a minimum size then time.. Dont know how blu-rays are builded up.. Only use dvds..
Romansh

Post by Romansh »

ndjamena wrote:Because it would change for each disc, especially for DVD, and therefore can't be set in preferences and would require a GUI rewrite to fit it in.
Meh, same could be said about a minimum length…
ndjamena

Post by ndjamena »

The GUI hasn't changed much in a very long time:

[quote"http://www.makemkv.com/"]MakeMKV is a program that is very complex inside, but has very simple interface. Converting a video disc is a simple 3-step process. [/quote]

I'd call that a mandate.

MakeMKVCon is where all the action is, as far as I'm aware the GUI can do nothing that can't be done from the MakeMKVCon CLI. So far I count two MakeMKVCon GUI's dedicated to ripping folders full of ISOs. If finding correct titles on discs with frustrating copy protection (which is the only practical use for this feature I can see) was such a grand problem that the GUI should be altered to account for it, someone would have already taken the initiative, written a program to deal with it and posted it on the forum.