DTS-HD - DLL required for ISO files?

Everything related to MakeMKV
zipzaprap

DTS-HD - DLL required for ISO files?

Post by zipzaprap »

Hi all

Appreciate some help for a noob to MakeMKV!

I'm currently converting my BR ISOs to MKV with this program, and have discovered late in the piece that if I want the DTS-HD audio checkbox ticked for all titles with this audio track, I have to download and install a dtsdecoder.dll file
Easily done.

I've only discovered this about 100 titles in. When I previously manually checked that box, there were no errors, so I assumed the subsequent MKV had included the DTS track. Is this a false assumption? Do I have to go back and reconvert everything?

Thanks in advance
Romansh

Re: DTS-HD - DLL required for ISO files?

Post by Romansh »

You only need the DTS-HD decoder DLL if your encoding profile re-encodes DTS-HD (e.g. to FLAC). DTS-HD passthrough is unaffected.
zipzaprap

Post by zipzaprap »

Thanks Romansh

Is there any way to ensure the flag stays ticked by default? (the parent flag)... It's always the sub flag channel that is ticked
PaulCB

Post by PaulCB »

zipzaprap wrote:Thanks Romansh

Is there any way to ensure the flag stays ticked by default? (the parent flag)... It's always the sub flag channel that is ticked
Assuming you mean have the Lossless track selected and not the sub lossy DTS or DD 5.1 track, you have to change your 'default selection Rule' in settings in Preferences - Advanced. If I recall, it is just set 'sel'(havemulti|core) to have - before sel instead of a + and then add +sel:lossless.
http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4386