Download issue

Everything related to MakeMKV
barrygordon

Download issue

Post by barrygordon »

I have attempted to download version 1.9.0 for windows several times now. The install goes completely as expected with no issues. However when done I still have makeMKV version 1.8.11 on my system. I have no idea what is wrong. According to the installation dialogs it is installing 1.9.0 in the correct space, but nothing changes.

Any help appreciated.
Woodstock

Re: Download issue

Post by Woodstock »

Are you running the install as an administrator?

If your original install was done with an administrative account, it is possible that the update won't work unless you use the same account.

You can also try doing a manual removal of MakeMKV, then install. Sometimes, the prompt to continue the install comes up before the uninstall has completed, and files are not properly unlocked in time to be replaced.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
barrygordon

Post by barrygordon »

That was it. I ran the install as admin and all is good. Thanks. What bothers me is I am an admin on the machine so when I run a process it should always be as admin.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

There are slight differences in how permissions work between being logged in as THE admin, vs as a user who is an admin. And, if you have multiple accounts that have admin privileges, the one that installed a program "owns" it, so other admin-level users will have problems changing the configuration or files.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging