Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 1 Correct Playlist

Everything related to MakeMKV
Ronin22222

Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 1 Correct Playlist

Post by Ronin22222 »

Anybody know what the correct playlist is for this movie? I can usually figure them out but can't with this one. Media Player Classic plays 479 by default but it doesn't have any of the HD Audio and it's about 10 minutes too long
jhodgesatmb

Re: Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 1 Correct Playlist

Post by jhodgesatmb »

I just got mine from Amazon and ran it up with the newest MakeMKV and it is showing [possibly] hundreds of titles, all with 16 chapters and 24.1 GB and 20 segments. There is one, 00420.mpls, with 16 chapters and 21 segments at 2:03:50, and many that are much smaller. So I'll convert 420.mpls and see what happens.

I have long wondered why there isn't a feature built into MakeMKV for selecting and checking or unchecking all, and another feature to select the most likely to be the feature and unselecting the others. Can someone consider this a feature request?
spinnacre

Post by spinnacre »

jhodgesatmb wrote:I have long wondered why there isn't a feature built into MakeMKV for selecting and checking or unchecking all, and another feature to select the most likely to be the feature and unselecting the others. Can someone consider this a feature request?
Just right-click any Title in the selection window and it lets you Select all or Unselect all - really important with 594 titles by my count! I'm still hoping to learn which one it is for this movie, so I can backup the one I got at Walmart.com for $9.96 and free store pickup (2-Disc Blu-Ray DVD + Digital Copy + VUDU + Mockingjay Pendant). Can't beat that price.

BTW, I have seen MakeMKV indicate the "preferred title" or something along those lines where there are numerous, nearly-indistinguishable titles, but I read somewhere on here that it is only for movies older than 1/1/2015.
jhodgesatmb

Post by jhodgesatmb »

Now I feel particularly dumb. Well, thank you for explaining that. For those who want a good grin I manually unselected all of those titles :-( Since there is loads of empty real estate on the MakeMKV user interface, I think that having a button to select or unselect all wouldn't be so unreasonable.
burritoman

Post by burritoman »

I used DVDFab Passkey Lite (it's free) to determine the correct playlist. While it's running, pop in your disc and it will scan and determine the correct playlist. It seems to conflict with MakeMKV so exit the program when it's done (it's down in the system tray).

Edit: Ignore my comment. I just discovered that Passkey Lite did not give me the correct playlist, the movie was jumbled when I watched it.
Last edited by burritoman on Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
cablecoder

Post by cablecoder »

It is title 33. I just used Aieesoft's Blu-ray Ripper and that was the first one in the list. I watched the whole movie to make sure and it appears to be in the correct order (from what I remember watching the DVD a few days ago). :mrgreen:
boxerjake

Post by boxerjake »

Youtube ..... Type in " blu ray playlist obfuscation " the video will give you another method that works using a process monitor screen that will show you which mpls and title are correct while you play your original disc .

Works well considering playlist seem to vary from country to country , hence asking what title works for one forum member may not work for another .

PS : In Canada the correct blu ray playlist is 00302 title #169 ( walmart retail version )