Instructions for installation?

Everything related to MakeMKV
GMIBulldog

Instructions for installation?

Post by GMIBulldog »

I have downloaded the app. Opened the pkg file. Installed the software. But I cannot find the application anywhere on my machine. Where are step-by-step instructions on how to install the application? Where should it reside once it is installed.
Woodstock

Re: Instructions for installation?

Post by Woodstock »

Are you talking for Windows, Mac, or Linux?

Windows will create a menu entry for MakeMKV by default. I'm not familiar where OS X will put it, but there should be a round icon that says "MKV" on it. Finder should display it.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Ant93

Post by Ant93 »

You shouldn't need any instructions for installation, it should be a very straightforward process, as long as you're using a supported operating system and are authorised to install software (in other words the admin on your computer)!
GMIBulldog

Post by GMIBulldog »

I am running OSX. I have downloaded the makemkv_1.9.2.dmg file. I have opened the daspi_1.5.pkg file from the folder created when I open the dmg file. First I had to reset the security preference to allow applications not from the mac store or from an approved developer. The app then ran through the installation screens and it said the app was installed. I went looking for it in the Application folder and it isn't anywhere to be found. I then dragged the pkg file in to the Application folder and then opened the pkg file. It did the same thing...ran through the installation screens, said everything was fine. I went looking for it in the Application folder and it still isn't there. I used the Spotlight search tool and it the only MakeMKV file that shows up is the dmg file.

This is why I asked for installation instructions. The Readme document in the folder doesn't explain anything. I am stumped.
Wondercow

Post by Wondercow »

The daspi package installs a kernel extension, not the MakeMKV app. The MakeMKV app is the round icon that says “MakeMKV”. You can drag this from the disk image and put it anywhere you like, but if you’d like it in your Applications folder just drop it on the folder icon (in the disk image window) that says “Applications” and has the little arrow in the lower-left corner