50 usd too much for me, 20 ?

Everything related to MakeMKV
dtprkr

Re: 50 usd too much for me, 20 ?

Post by dtprkr »

I've only been using it for a short while now and for the first time, I have been faced with the expired code screen. I'm not sure how to obtain a free code for the v1.94. If I purchase the
code for $50 how long does it take for me to receive the code?? Is there a free code for v1.94???
Thanks for your help!
bswogger

Post by bswogger »

i think you will sell alot more licences if you lower the price. Maybe $25-$35!
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

And even more would be sold if it were FREE! Oh, wait... then you don't get any money...

What a lot of people don't realize is that if you price your product low, people perceive its value as low. If you price it high, you better be worth it, unless of course you can get good internet "buzz", then "worth" takes on a whole different meaning. Finding the "middle ground" is hard.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
ndjamena

Post by ndjamena »

Myth: Similar programs cost less

http://www.dvdfab.cn/order.htm
105.60 USD

http://www.slysoft.com/en/purchase.html
119 euro
Add to that all the people coming onto the forum demanding MakeMKV have all the features of a fully functional Blu Ray player AND DVDFab plus MORE ON TOP OF THAT. Not to mention the fact that they're supposed to do it WITHOUT introducing any bugs and you begin to realise all these arguments are ridiculous.

Anyone who doesn't believe MakeMKV is worth $50 DOESN'T BELIEVE MAKEMKV IS WORTH $50.

DOESN'T believe all Mikes work is worth $50.

And somehow people think a guy who's pretty much giving the program away for free would be interested in lowering the price so he can make more money... how does that work?

THE PEOPLE WHO WANT TO PAY $20 FOR MAKEMKV, THINK MAKEMKV IS ONLY WORTH $20. Is there some reason I shouldn't find that offensive?

How many ways do I have to say this?

Repeat: All these arguments are ridiculous.

And I'm sick of reading this same topic being discussed every few months - regardless of the whatever excuse is being used to bring it up.
bswogger

Post by bswogger »

ndjamena wrote:
Myth: Similar programs cost less

http://www.dvdfab.cn/order.htm
105.60 USD

http://www.slysoft.com/en/purchase.html
119 euro
Add to that all the people coming onto the forum demanding MakeMKV have all the features of a fully functional Blu Ray player AND DVDFab plus MORE ON TOP OF THAT. Not to mention the fact that they're supposed to do it WITHOUT introducing any bugs and you begin to realise all these arguments are ridiculous.

Anyone who doesn't believe MakeMKV is worth $50 DOESN'T BELIEVE MAKEMKV IS WORTH $50.

DOESN'T believe all Mikes work is worth $50.

And somehow people think a guy who's pretty much giving the program away for free would be interested in lowering the price so he can make more money... how does that work?

THE PEOPLE WHO WANT TO PAY $20 FOR MAKEMKV, THINK MAKEMKV IS ONLY WORTH $20. Is there some reason I shouldn't find that offensive?

How many ways do I have to say this?

Repeat: All these arguments are ridiculous.

And I'm sick of reading this same topic being discussed every few months - regardless of the whatever excuse is being used to bring it up.
And I have never purchased those. I use the free ripping feature of DVD fab though.
The problem is I want to pay for the program, but $56 USD is to steep for me. The program is basically FREE, so the perceived value is FREE! It has been that way for a long time. There are many people like me that are using the FREE program, and have been for a while and want to buy the license. I think while in Beta if there price were to drop, many people who feel like me would purchase the license, just to support the dev.