TrueHD issues

Everything related to MakeMKV
dostale

TrueHD issues

Post by dostale »

I am ripping Blurays to MKV. I check the button for 7.1 TrueHD in MakeMKV. When I try to play back the file in Plex, it does not play with TrueHD. I went back and ripped the disc using DVDFAB set to MKV with Pass Through, and the file then played fine. I have looked through the forum here, but did not find any information to help me. Is the a profile setting I need to do to get the 7.1 TrueHD passthrough to work correctly?
Woodstock

Re: TrueHD issues

Post by Woodstock »

The file should contain the audio track as it is on the disk, UNLESS the profile you are ripping with specifies translating it it to FAAC.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Romansh

Post by Romansh »

Woodstock wrote:The file should contain the audio track as it is on the disk, UNLESS the profile you are ripping with specifies translating it it to FAAC.
Is that an actual audio format? ;) :P
dostale

Post by dostale »

Let me try to clarify. I use MakeMKV and choose to have it copy all english audio streams. If the movie contains DTS-HD MA, it works great when I play through Plex and Total Media Theater. When the movies has TrueHD, all audio except the TrueHD work. I found that if I rip the movie in DVDFAB as MKV with Passthrough, the file works great in Plex and TMT. Is there a profile setting I need to change in MakeMKV to allow this to work?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Romansh wrote:Is that an actual audio format? ;) :P
Hey, it was relatively early in the morning, and I was getting ready to leave to teach a motorcycle class... :P
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging