Multiple Output Files

Everything related to MakeMKV
jamie1984

Multiple Output Files

Post by jamie1984 »

Hi, apologies if I'm covering old ground here.

Is there any way MakeMKV can produce multiple MKV's - one per title.

For example if I have a regular standard definition DVD from a television series and it has four episodes: title 1, 2, 3 and 4. MakeMKV will produce one MKV containing four titles, or the titles I've selected.

An option to output each title to it's own MKV in one pass would be really useful without having to go through the conversion process for each one.

So by selecting all the titles required and having the option to "output to separate file" you would end up with:

title1.mkv
title2.mkv
title3.mkv
title3.mkv

This is useful in HTPC setups such as XBMC for numbering episodes for tv shows e.g.

24.Season08.E01.mkv
24.Season08.E02.mkv

Thanks for a great piece of software :-) Keep up the good work.
jamie1984

Re: Multiple Output Files

Post by jamie1984 »

Mike, do you have any thoughts on this?

Thanks.
dandirk

Post by dandirk »

Search for command line. You can run batch via the command line version. I have seen mention of this, though it would be nice to have an option for ease of use.
trondmm

Post by trondmm »

jamie1984 wrote:Is there any way MakeMKV can produce multiple MKV's - one per title.

For example if I have a regular standard definition DVD from a television series and it has four episodes: title 1, 2, 3 and 4. MakeMKV will produce one MKV containing four titles, or the titles I've selected.
I'm not sure if I understand your problem correctly, but it sounds to me like you're just selecting the wrong title.

Many TV DVDs have a "play all" option, and it sounds like you're ripping this title and nothing else.

However, it should be possible to detect such a "play all" track, and it would be nice if MakeMKV placed these titles in an hierarcical way, and deselected "play all" on default. Like this:

[ ] track00 (play all)
[x] track01 (episode 1)
[x] track02 (episode 2)
[x] track03 (episode 3)

i.e. pretty much like how DTS-HS MA and the DTS core track is treated today.