MakeMKV 1.9.5?

Everything related to MakeMKV
Tapioka

Re: MakeMKV 1.9.5?

Post by Tapioka »

Just a quick reply to my original question in this thread: MakeMKV 1.9.5 fixed my problem, as expected :).
billbillw

Post by billbillw »

I am seeing issues with 1.9.5 and Avast Free. I installed without issue on 8-6-2015. I believe I ripped 1 movie without issue since then. Today, I opened to rip some old HD-DVDs and was warned that Win32:Evo-gen was found and quarantined. After this, the software would not open. I tried a fresh download, and re-installed (removing the old in the process), but during the install, the same Win32:Evo-gen was found. I have told Avast to ignore it for now, but it is somewhat disconcerting.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

According to a two-year-old article, this particular "virus" designation is triggered when "certain suspicious activity" is detected. Like checking for updates.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Darthe

Post by Darthe »

I am seeing the same thing in windows 10 where its crashing on startup
After unblocking both MakeMKV.exe and Makemkvcon64.exe from the virus scanner (bit defender)

On 64 bit machines this is a compatabillity issue because the application is installed in the Program files (x86) folders
it is expecting 32 bit drivers but when the application starts it says it`s looking for the x64 bit version

As a workaround I fixed this by simply renamed the makemkvcon64.exe to another name and copied makemkvcon.exe to makemkvcon64.exe

Now when Makemkv starts its says its running the x86 version and all is well