Dolby Atmos

Everything related to MakeMKV
spl147

Dolby Atmos

Post by spl147 »

are we any closer to being able to rip this track?
Tapioka

Re: Dolby Atmos

Post by Tapioka »

According to the answer in this thread, it might not be that easy...
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

MakeMKV copies Dolby Atmos tracks with no issues.
spl147

Post by spl147 »

So if i play a atmos movie back on a atmos reciever, it will play as atmos?

I thought it was saving the truehd track inside the atmos stream
boopie

Post by boopie »

The TrueHD audio track has ATMOS metada embedded in it. ATMOS is not a seperate stream. There is no issue ripping it.
StefaanD

Post by StefaanD »

And to prevent disappointment ATMOS <> ATMOS

What i mean is that ATMOS doesn't need to be Dolby TrueHD, Warner in fact proved it with their Benelux release of Mad Max: Fury Road where for 3D they use Dolby Digital+ in the ATMOS stream for the English audio track, and the French track has TrueHD.

Warner definitively has no more interest in the Benelux market, and prefers the French market :(
boopie

Post by boopie »

Right. Dolby Digital Plus can have the ATMOS metadata. Vudu has a couple of ATMOS demos in DD+.
spl147

Post by spl147 »

does the mkv container have a codec id for dolby atmos yet? or a header option
goaliebob99

Post by goaliebob99 »

spl147 wrote:does the mkv container have a codec id for dolby atmos yet? or a header option

For Pete's sake... It's embedded... Just rip the track and you will be fine. I can confirm. I have an Atmos receiver and have no issues at all with Atmos. It's just there and works. No need to be beating this dead horse.

I would rather have them focus on DTS X.
spl147

Post by spl147 »

goaliebob99 wrote:
spl147 wrote:does the mkv container have a codec id for dolby atmos yet? or a header option

For Pete's sake... It's embedded... Just rip the track and you will be fine. I can confirm. I have an Atmos receiver and have no issues at all with Atmos. It's just there and works. No need to be beating this dead horse.

I would rather have them focus on DTS X.
try re reading the post jerk. I know it works.... The question was is their a header option to id it as atmos for scanning such as media info
ndjamena

Post by ndjamena »

Atmos is an extension of TrueHD and as such shares the same Codec ID. As far as the Matroska specs are concerned ATMOS IS TrueHD.

Much like the DTS variants which all share a common Codec ID any headers that would identify Atmos would be in the stream.

If MediaInfo isn't detecting Atmos it's because the program hasn't been updated to identify it.
spl147

Post by spl147 »

ndjamena wrote:Atmos is an extension of TrueHD and as such shares the same Codec ID. As far as the Matroska specs are concerned ATMOS IS TrueHD.

Much like the DTS variants which all share a common Codec ID any headers that would identify Atmos would be in the stream.

If MediaInfo isn't detecting Atmos it's because the program hasn't been updated to identify it.
thank you