Payment Options

Everything related to MakeMKV
HTPC_Guy

Payment Options

Post by HTPC_Guy »

I think that MakeMKV is probably deserving of full payment.
To backup bluray discs must be a godsend.
Your movies will never wear out.
You don't have to hassle putting the bluray in the player.
You could just click and drag the .mkv file into MPC-HC video player.
Great free player: you could use subtitles and 5.1 surround sound, too.
What more could you want? Handbrake?

Anyway, how about this: go to a payment page. Enter a prepaid credit card for payment in full.
You are immediately given your password on this payment page.
Total anonymity (sp?.)

I mean, who in their right mind would give all of their personal information in payment for this product?

If I were to use this apparently great product I'd certainly want to pay for it. I mean the Beta must be nice. And as I said, MakeMKV is probably deserving of full and immediate payment for such a critically acclaimed product.

I bet many many more users would be inclined to immediately pay for MakeMKV if making payment wasn't so personally intrusive.

I'm sure if I used MakeMKV I'd pay for it immediately if I could do so anonymously.
Woodstock

Re: Payment Options

Post by Woodstock »

There are issues with any payment method. Nowadays, if you do NOT ask for a lot of information, credit card companies will refuse to process your payments, so they ask. There is virtually no payment processor that will accept anonymous anything any more.

And some people have issues with the particular company Mike chose... But he obviously had reasons for making that choice.

I used PayPal when I registered, because it added an additional layer of security that worked for me.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Gronnie

Post by Gronnie »

I paid long ago, so a non issue for me -- but fairy dust would be a nice option if not available.
preserve

Post by preserve »

A direct PayPal payment would be my preference, using PayPal's button system.

One of the benefits of PayPal is that you don't even need a PayPal account, if you prefer not to give out your personal information at all, and you don't already have a PayPal account (and almost everyone does, unlike these more random online payment companies). You can use PayPal to simply pay with a credit card without signing up.

One of my problems with the purchase method was that it detected my country and changed currency to my local currency, with no option just to pay in US funds. I keep US funds in my PayPal account for all online purchases, and I highly prefer it.

I hope Mike will consider it. After a situation where the website was down, you are likely to have more people than usual willing / wanting to purchase the software. The easier you make it for purchase, the likelier those interested are going to go ahead.
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
Devore

Post by Devore »

The payment processor is not the best, but it is what it is.

For the time being, you can use a US HTTPS proxy or a US VPN node to force payment in USD currency, instead of your probably wildly inflated local one.